The Student Room Group

English lang paper 1 Question 5

deleted
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ShannonAw
i did a paper1 qu5 practise and would like advise

A lot of things have ended in my life so far. Friendships, careers, life and love. The person who I thought would be by my side forever became the one to tear my soul in two. In fact this isn’t the story between a tragic love of two people. It’s a story about one entangled soul who tried to fight fate alone. And it all started on that one day, the day meant for new beginnings was the start of my tragic end.

Saturday 31st December 2016

I wear my heart on my sleeve, such a foolish place to put it. I try and keep it away and hidden but someone will always find a way to see. Once they see my beating heart they take it and run, taking me with them. To a world of paradise, a world that foolishly made me think it would last a life time but in reality was short and sweet. This paradise is so large they pull me along until there is no more ground and I fall. After falling from this ‘paradise’ my heart is torn and worn. But I still carry on and search. For safety. For warmth. To find a way to feel. To find a way to heal. Until the sight of paradise became one too sore. You became my sanctuary, a place more healing than paradise, a place where my emotions became more clear yet mind more clouded. I thought of you as a saviour but seeing you tonight with her made me realise you were just a double edged sword. One that I held on to for so long that I became senseless to the bleeding scars. Midnight struck in London, a new year, a new scar in my heart. And as you turned with her under your arm, I knew I would never love another as strongly and fiercely as I did you. In the end you never really broke my heart, it was me who shattered it. I fell into a lucid dream I breathed in and breathed out, wide awake but I can’t hear a sound, another you another me another now maybe another day or another time i’ll be your first choice.

Why I fell in Love? I cannot give an answer. All I know, is that my soul belonged to you but yours belonged to her. And that was perfectly fine. Although I never got to call you mine, seeing true happiness for the first time in my life made all that longing, and loneliness worth it.

February 14th 2017

Time. Why does it become so fast during the good times and so painfully slow through the worst?i’ve more or less realised many things since then. I understood that we were destined to meet, to love and to leave, but never for me to forget. And eventually the painful realisation came, hurting deeper and leaving me more raw and vulnerable than I expected. Even if we were made for each-other, this awful world would have filed us down, cut our souls and blunted them into a deformed version of what we were supposed to be, so that our souls could no longer fit together and would only destroy the remaining parts doing so. One negative thought can burn all positive thoughts” It’s funny how even the smallest of things can become the most harmful. The people in your life who you thought were the good gradually turned into the opposite. Breaking me again and again. Scratching, tearing, stabbing and shooting me until I had broken so small I became unbreakable. Unyielding to lies, two faced opinions, jealousy all of it then I was too unaware to feel emotions at all. Maybe it was a gift from god to never experience it again or a slow and painful punishment for giving in.

March 20th 2017

Another day another family get together….my brother had another new girlfriend to introduce to us so I had to follow along. I hate seeing them, family is supposed to be loving but every time I see them their eyes are cold and unpleasant to even be in sight of. Their unfriendly attitudes towards me and condescending remarks makes the meeting even worse. Their actions to my brother were polar opposite, inviting smiles, warm greetings something I never once experienced from them. But it didn’t really affect me, my brother was the only one without the dead-eyes, the evil aura. So I thought we were close but this gathering proved me wrong.

Smoke, clouded vision, I woke up in an unknown place. It wasn’t the morbid heat I couldn’t stand but rather the smoke that curled and crowded against my lungs, slowly suffocating me until my vision went blank. But no I couldn’t drift if I did I would surely die, outside this hellish room I heard the snickers and laughs of my brother stating good riddance to his “misfit sister”. A sharpened knife carving out the part of me that trusted him, until all that remained was but a mangled fragment of before. Fury. The red fury in my head bursted as I smash the window to escape my death place and left the expressed feeling in my bones. Abandonment, used, manipulated so many words to describe what the brother I thought I once knew did to me but now I can only describe the pain. And I blacked out.

Thursday 25th March 2017

Pain wrapped its white-hot fingers around my entire body and soul, choking away the last remnants of my good memories. My Love and My family ended.
Like a jolt of electricity, the pain shot through my nerves reminding that I could feel and maybe more importantly, that I was alive. Then I awoke, as the tension in my body ebbed away, relief greeted me with the warmth of light. I was out cold for nearly 5 days, I felt more at peace. I could finely bid adieu to my devil forsaken family but I did feel a bit of sadness. The one family member who I cherished was the one to throw me aside. I didn’t think I could become more alone but I guess there is always something.

this seems absolutely incredible i love it. and i am really not in the position to be giving advice having gotten a grade 5 in my last mocks for english language but this is amazing. i would honestly appreciate tips from you and as for what your doing i feel like this is perfect.
Reply 2
Original post by qas1232
this seems absolutely incredible i love it. and i am really not in the position to be giving advice having gotten a grade 5 in my last mocks for english language but this is amazing. i would honestly appreciate tips from you and as for what your doing i feel like this is perfect.

aw thank you so much for the feedback. Last year i was suggested a grade 5/6 but this year i started watching masolit videos that my teacher advised and now im a 7/8. its quite a helpful websites for all kinds of english papers i recommend it!
Reply 3
aw thank you so much for the feedback. Last year i was suggested a grade 5/6 but this year i started watching masolit videos that my teacher advised and now im a 7/8. its quite a helpful websites for all kinds of english papers i recommend it!

oh yes ive heard of massolit my teachers told me to use that aswell but i never really did tbf the videos seemed so long but if it's helped you sm i may have to give it a go myself tysm and ofcourse i wish i could give better feedback but i genuinely see no flaws in what you wrote.
Reply 4
i did a paper1 qu5 practise and would like advise

A lot of things have ended in my life so far. Friendships, careers, life and love. The person who I thought would be by my side forever became the one to tear my soul in two. In fact this isn’t the story between a tragic love of two people. It’s a story about one entangled soul who tried to fight fate alone. And it all started on that one day, the day meant for new beginnings was the start of my tragic end.

Saturday 31st December 2016

I wear my heart on my sleeve, such a foolish place to put it. I try and keep it away and hidden but someone will always find a way to see. Once they see my beating heart they take it and run, taking me with them. To a world of paradise, a world that foolishly made me think it would last a life time but in reality was short and sweet. This paradise is so large they pull me along until there is no more ground and I fall. After falling from this ‘paradise’ my heart is torn and worn. But I still carry on and search. For safety. For warmth. To find a way to feel. To find a way to heal. Until the sight of paradise became one too sore. You became my sanctuary, a place more healing than paradise, a place where my emotions became more clear yet mind more clouded. I thought of you as a saviour but seeing you tonight with her made me realise you were just a double edged sword. One that I held on to for so long that I became senseless to the bleeding scars. Midnight struck in London, a new year, a new scar in my heart. And as you turned with her under your arm, I knew I would never love another as strongly and fiercely as I did you. In the end you never really broke my heart, it was me who shattered it. I fell into a lucid dream I breathed in and breathed out, wide awake but I can’t hear a sound, another you another me another now maybe another day or another time i’ll be your first choice.

Why I fell in Love? I cannot give an answer. All I know, is that my soul belonged to you but yours belonged to her. And that was perfectly fine. Although I never got to call you mine, seeing true happiness for the first time in my life made all that longing, and loneliness worth it.

February 14th 2017

Time. Why does it become so fast during the good times and so painfully slow through the worst?i’ve more or less realised many things since then. I understood that we were destined to meet, to love and to leave, but never for me to forget. And eventually the painful realisation came, hurting deeper and leaving me more raw and vulnerable than I expected. Even if we were made for each-other, this awful world would have filed us down, cut our souls and blunted them into a deformed version of what we were supposed to be, so that our souls could no longer fit together and would only destroy the remaining parts doing so. One negative thought can burn all positive thoughts” It’s funny how even the smallest of things can become the most harmful. The people in your life who you thought were the good gradually turned into the opposite. Breaking me again and again. Scratching, tearing, stabbing and shooting me until I had broken so small I became unbreakable. Unyielding to lies, two faced opinions, jealousy all of it then I was too unaware to feel emotions at all. Maybe it was a gift from god to never experience it again or a slow and painful punishment for giving in.

March 20th 2017

Another day another family get together….my brother had another new girlfriend to introduce to us so I had to follow along. I hate seeing them, family is supposed to be loving but every time I see them their eyes are cold and unpleasant to even be in sight of. Their unfriendly attitudes towards me and condescending remarks makes the meeting even worse. Their actions to my brother were polar opposite, inviting smiles, warm greetings something I never once experienced from them. But it didn’t really affect me, my brother was the only one without the dead-eyes, the evil aura. So I thought we were close but this gathering proved me wrong.

Smoke, clouded vision, I woke up in an unknown place. It wasn’t the morbid heat I couldn’t stand but rather the smoke that curled and crowded against my lungs, slowly suffocating me until my vision went blank. But no I couldn’t drift if I did I would surely die, outside this hellish room I heard the snickers and laughs of my brother stating good riddance to his “misfit sister”. A sharpened knife carving out the part of me that trusted him, until all that remained was but a mangled fragment of before. Fury. The red fury in my head bursted as I smash the window to escape my death place and left the expressed feeling in my bones. Abandonment, used, manipulated so many words to describe what the brother I thought I once knew did to me but now I can only describe the pain. And I blacked out.

Thursday 25th March 2017

Pain wrapped its white-hot fingers around my entire body and soul, choking away the last remnants of my good memories. My Love and My family ended.
Like a jolt of electricity, the pain shot through my nerves reminding that I could feel and maybe more importantly, that I was alive. Then I awoke, as the tension in my body ebbed away, relief greeted me with the warmth of light. I was out cold for nearly 5 days, I felt more at peace. I could finely bid adieu to my devil forsaken family but I did feel a bit of sadness. The one family member who I cherished was the one to throw me aside. I didn’t think I could become more alone but I guess there is always something.

brooooo this is so good omgggg can u suggest any tips to get to this sorta level cus urs is rlyyyy good imo +++ how long did it take u to write all this????? & good luck in ur gcses ml <3333333
Reply 5
Original post by mzzz_k
brooooo this is so good omgggg can u suggest any tips to get to this sorta level cus urs is rlyyyy good imo +++ how long did it take u to write all this????? & good luck in ur gcses ml <3333333

aw thank you and i timed myself for abt 25 mins but i usually aim for 20. The main thing is for me is to already have an idea in ur head before the exam. i usually base all my qu5s on the same character to make it unique and develop good sentences from that. Hope it helpss <3
Reply 6
Original post by qas1232
oh yes ive heard of massolit my teachers told me to use that aswell but i never really did tbf the videos seemed so long but if it's helped you sm i may have to give it a go myself tysm and ofcourse i wish i could give better feedback but i genuinely see no flaws in what you wrote.

haha ye most of them are long i usually choose videos that are 5-15 mins long they are usually enough. And thanks for the feedback

Quick Reply

Latest