The Student Room Group

Is it over for me?

Im in year 11 and I'm getting 7 for maths, 3 for eng lang and lit, 5 for bio, 4 for chem and 4 for physics, 3 for geo, 5 for Spanish and 3 for computing, and I got my mocks in a few weeks and my gcses in a few months. My main priorities are science and English and I also really want to get my geo and computing grades up as well, so any advice will help me alot.
Reply 1
Original post by PotCow
Im in year 11 and I'm getting 7 for maths, 3 for eng lang and lit, 5 for bio, 4 for chem and 4 for physics, 3 for geo, 5 for Spanish and 3 for computing, and I got my mocks in a few weeks and my gcses in a few months. My main priorities are science and English and I also really want to get my geo and computing grades up as well, so any advice will help me alot.

start revising now, start with your earliest exam, finish with your latest exam. make sure to revise your exam again at least 24 hours before you do it.

revise over the content (I like using whiteboards, writing from memory, filling in missed knowledge with another colour, rub away, and write again- when you get it all right, do it once more).

do past papers once you have revised a paper's knowledge (do them all, but 2, with no notes).
the day before you exam do the last 2 past papers.

I didn't do my GCSEs because of covid, but doing this helped me get almost full marks on many of my A-level papers 🙂
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by PotCow

for computing i would advise that you sign up for the replit 100 days of code course, as of now its free. Do the first 20 days at least and you should have a good grasp of most of the concepts for gcse
Reply 3
heyhey! i don't take computer sciences, but in general, a schedule will help out here, it isn't too late! a few topics of all three sciences and two other subjects you're weak in a day, along with what you're stronger in at the start of the week could help? personally, i've made a schedule based off of save my exams to finish the entire course in a month, so if i started it next week, i could cover it twice, with april solely for past papers just before our exams!! personally, i'm weaker in maths [expected 5s] which is why im doing it twice a day, but maybe the following schedule could help you figure out your own? im stronger in psychology [7-8] and english language and lit [A's] too, so i'm not dedicating as much time to them as i don't plan on taking them next year either, to clarify :smile:

STUDY SCHEDULE PER DAY, FOR ONE MONTH. DO THIS TWICE. FINISH BY END OF MARCH, APRIL IS PAST PAPERS AND LAST MINUTE CRAMMING.
1 Maths Section [review, write notes, answer questions]
1 Biology Section [review, write notes, answer questions]
1 Physics Section [review, write notes, answer questions]
1 Chemistry Section [review, write notes, answer questions]
1 Maths Section [review, write notes, answer questions]
In bus: Psychology + English [read and review]
Art: In class, after school thursdays

Quick Reply

Latest