The Student Room Group

English Language CIE IGCSE 2023

I did the English Language Paper 1 yesterday and I thought it was okay! How did everyone else find it and how are you guys feeling about paper 2. Also does anyone have any good tips for paper 2?
Do you do 0990 or 0500? I do the former, I was just pleased it wasn't a FR or NPR. Tbh I'm just binging videos I don't think anything I do now will help but maybe its just laziness.
Original post by GraceHarp
I did the English Language Paper 1 yesterday and I thought it was okay! How did everyone else find it and how are you guys feeling about paper 2. Also does anyone have any good tips for paper 2?

I did mine as well and it went pretty great I guess. The math exam today however...

Btw which zone are you in?
(edited 1 year ago)
Also does anyone have any good tips for paper 2?

I think planning is key. Also, annotate as much as you can on the reading texts.
Original post by KDG Blueberry
I think planning is key. Also, annotate as much as you can on the reading texts.

I really hope its one text
how did you find todays article and composition
Reply 6
Original post by a------n
Do you do 0990 or 0500? I do the former, I was just pleased it wasn't a FR or NPR. Tbh I'm just binging videos I don't think anything I do now will help but maybe its just laziness.

Ohhh nicee. I do 0500, so I don't really know what you're talking about when you say 'FR or NPR' 😂 but I'm glad it was okay for you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by KDG Blueberry
I did mine as well and it went pretty great I guess. The math exam today however...

Btw which zone are you in?

WELL DONEE. OHH I dont do maths CIE, was it really hard?
Wdym by zone?
Reply 8
Original post by Djdb2007
how did you find todays article and composition

I thought it was okay, the composition questions weren't too bad. I think most people said that they found the article texts hard. WBU?
Yeah I did the ‘Describe the shop’, and it kinda turned into a narrative. The article was long ting ygm g but minors jnnit it’s done now ahahahah. Wtf even was that. minors tho all done.
WELL DONEE. OHH I dont do maths CIE, was it really hard?
Wdym by zone?

Idk if CIE maths was actually difficult but it's my least fav subject so...

Also, I meant the zones that they use to allocate the papers and exam timetables.
FR: formal report
NPR: newspaper report
as mentioned, not the most working student out there so was too lazy to type those out as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending