The Student Room Group

English Language CIE IGCSE 2023

I did the English Language Paper 1 yesterday and I thought it was okay! How did everyone else find it and how are you guys feeling about paper 2. Also does anyone have any good tips for paper 2?
Reply 1
Do you do 0990 or 0500? I do the former, I was just pleased it wasn't a FR or NPR. Tbh I'm just binging videos I don't think anything I do now will help but maybe its just laziness.
Original post by GraceHarp
I did the English Language Paper 1 yesterday and I thought it was okay! How did everyone else find it and how are you guys feeling about paper 2. Also does anyone have any good tips for paper 2?

I did mine as well and it went pretty great I guess. The math exam today however...

Btw which zone are you in?
(edited 11 months ago)
Also does anyone have any good tips for paper 2?

I think planning is key. Also, annotate as much as you can on the reading texts.
Reply 4
Original post by KDG Blueberry
I think planning is key. Also, annotate as much as you can on the reading texts.

I really hope its one text
Reply 5
how did you find todays article and composition
Reply 6
Original post by a------n
Do you do 0990 or 0500? I do the former, I was just pleased it wasn't a FR or NPR. Tbh I'm just binging videos I don't think anything I do now will help but maybe its just laziness.

Ohhh nicee. I do 0500, so I don't really know what you're talking about when you say 'FR or NPR' 😂 but I'm glad it was okay for you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by KDG Blueberry
I did mine as well and it went pretty great I guess. The math exam today however...

Btw which zone are you in?

WELL DONEE. OHH I dont do maths CIE, was it really hard?
Wdym by zone?
Reply 8
Original post by Djdb2007
how did you find todays article and composition

I thought it was okay, the composition questions weren't too bad. I think most people said that they found the article texts hard. WBU?
Reply 9
Yeah I did the ‘Describe the shop’, and it kinda turned into a narrative. The article was long ting ygm g but minors jnnit it’s done now ahahahah. Wtf even was that. minors tho all done.
WELL DONEE. OHH I dont do maths CIE, was it really hard?
Wdym by zone?

Idk if CIE maths was actually difficult but it's my least fav subject so...

Also, I meant the zones that they use to allocate the papers and exam timetables.
Reply 11
FR: formal report
NPR: newspaper report
as mentioned, not the most working student out there so was too lazy to type those out as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending