The Student Room Group

How do you like to revise for english lit and lang?

I've got my mocks in a week and even though I usually do well in English I really don't want to neglect to do revision for it so I was wondering what helps other people revise? for context, I do aqa language and edexel literature (Macbeth, Inspector calls, belonging poems and Christmas carol)
Original post by Blakeysbeans
I've got my mocks in a week and even though I usually do well in English I really don't want to neglect to do revision for it so I was wondering what helps other people revise? for context, I do aqa language and edexel literature (Macbeth, Inspector calls, belonging poems and Christmas carol)

Practice essays and a lot of discussion with friends, just talking about ur opinions on the books, themes, fave characters, casual references in daily conversations, it’s fun and it’s gets u to remember and think deeply about it on the spot
Reply 2

practice essays, mindmaps and flashcards for quotes. Mind maps especially really helped to me to sort quotes by character and theme.

for eng lang I had a kind of set of instructions I would follow for each question - not the ones I used but i think Mr Salles has some videos with them (he's brilliant for both english's in general btw) so i just used to go over those

Good luck on ur mocks!
does anyone know the edexcel english lit paper 2 belonging poem 2023 question
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4

i often practice PLANNING essays, just so that those first few minutes of the exam can go quickly and I know exactly what I want to say. also, when planning, you want to be as precise as possible I find myself going on tangents a lot so if you do that... speedplanning!!
Reply 5

If you want to practice english lit and english language, you can use this tool: https://www.tilf.io
You add in your essay and it gives you feedback and a grade, with the same quality that a teacher would and it is tailored for AQA. They have all the questions from last years exams for Macbeth, Inspector Calls, Christmas Carol ... Then you can just keep iterating and practicing until you reach the grade you want. Hope that helps!
Hi! I agree with a lot of the advice here already about planning your paragraphs, memorising some handy quotes to use and revising the texts you're least confident on. I would also see if you have any extra revision clubs at your school that you can attend. Half an hour at lunch time of extra work and time with your teacher can make a massive difference! Doing a mock (and I know it's hard, under timed conditions!) and asking your teacher to go through it and mark it together also helps, as you can see what worked well in your answer and what you need to work on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending