The Student Room Group

Exams 2023

Why is this the year without advanced learning?
As a student i believe its only fair we get advanced learning as our last full year was in year 7! we have missed out on crucial parts of our learning as well as exam practice. I and many other students agree that our year has been overlooked and most of us are still stuck mentally in 2020
Original post by stresedstudent23
Why is this the year without advanced learning?
As a student i believe its only fair we get advanced learning as our last full year was in year 7! we have missed out on crucial parts of our learning as well as exam practice. I and many other students agree that our year has been overlooked and most of us are still stuck mentally in 2020

They haven't forgotten you. From this Government web site:

"To acknowledge that students may still have experienced some disruption they will continue to be supported in GCSE maths, physics and combined science with formulae and equation sheets during exams.

There will also be protection for students taking GCSEs, AS levels and A levels when it comes to grading, which we explain below."

That last part is further explained as:

"So where national performance is found to be lower than it was prior to the pandemic, senior examiners will make allowances when setting grade boundaries."

So if, when marking the exams, that realise that your year group have performed worse generally that the 2019 cohort then they'll conclude that this is due to the issues you've mentioned and will adjust the grade boundaries accordingly such that you are not disadvantaged.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending