The Student Room Group

Macbeth Predictions have Dropped!

For those that haven't seen on the AQA, Mr Salle's has just dropped a prediction video. To summarise:

- It's possible that it will be a theme, especially the supernatural or ambition as themes haven't been seen much.

- Lady Macbeth may also come up, possibly linked to the supernatural or guilt.

- top tips include summarise 8 key points for the characters and themes, make a practice essay. Look at the end too, e.g. Lady Macbeth being a fiend like queen and Macbeth's reaction ('she would have died here after'. Try and get five to eight quotations for the things that cover the entire play: for example, for LM do her introduction with the soliloquy, then her argument with Macbeth, her madness and death.

A little personal tip: try and get some structural and form points too. They can generally be applied for all questions relating to a theme/character, but can get some good marks.

You can see the full video here:https://youtu.be/hIP8bz6VUCQ
Best of luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 1
AHH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!

ive been planning out my answers and what quotes to use, apparently many are predicting the supernatural and all my teachers say it’s one of the most likely ones :tongue: i think act 4 is one of the most likely extracts?

im definitely going to save this video in my notes, tysm for your help! i wish you all the luck with your gcses :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by angelli
AHH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!

ive been planning out my answers and what quotes to use, apparently many are predicting the supernatural and all my teachers say it’s one of the most likely ones :tongue: i think act 4 is one of the most likely extracts?

im definitely going to save this video in my notes, tysm for your help! i wish you all the luck with your gcses :wink:

Glad to be of assistance! Yep I think Act 4 or Act 1 Scene 1 are the most likely, possibly when they meet Macbeth and Banquo too. Definitely worth checking those out to rejuvenate your memory of them. If you want, I can ping you on TSR if I post about any other predicted questions for the others? Thanks, and best of luck with yours too :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by {Moss}
Glad to be of assistance! Yep I think Act 4 or Act 1 Scene 1 are the most likely, possibly when they meet Macbeth and Banquo too. Definitely worth checking those out to rejuvenate your memory of them. If you want, I can ping you on TSR if I post about any other predicted questions for the others? Thanks, and best of luck with yours too :smile:

That would be really helpful, id appreciate that a lot! My teacher has also predicted act 4 so it seems like a strong prediction! :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by angelli
That would be really helpful, id appreciate that a lot! My teacher has also predicted act 4 so it seems like a strong prediction! :tongue:

Ah that's nice, fingers crossed haha. I'm not sure which questions you're doing, but we now have Jekyll and Hide predictions, and A Christmas Carol Predictions. I believe Romeo and Juliet is planned, and we're probably likely to see the Sign of the Four predictions in the next couple of days (going in order of popularity). Best of luck this Wednesday!
Reply 5
Original post by {Moss}
Ah that's nice, fingers crossed haha. I'm not sure which questions you're doing, but we now have Jekyll and Hide predictions, and A Christmas Carol Predictions. I believe Romeo and Juliet is planned, and we're probably likely to see the Sign of the Four predictions in the next couple of days (going in order of popularity). Best of luck this Wednesday!

Where would I find the Sign of Four predictions when they are released? These Macbeth predictions are really helpful.
Reply 6
Original post by zacsymonds
Where would I find the Sign of Four predictions when they are released? These Macbeth predictions are really helpful.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on Mr Salle's channel (the one with the Macbeth predictions). I'd expect them to be released hopefully Monday/Tuesday before the exam as it is the 3rd most common novel. They might also crop up elsewhere. If I see them anywhere, I can ping you if you want to let you know? Hopefully they won't be long. Best of luck with your GCSEs! Hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by {Moss}
I'd recommend keeping an eye on Mr Salle's channel (the one with the Macbeth predictions). I'd expect them to be released hopefully Monday/Tuesday before the exam as it is the 3rd most common novel. They might also crop up elsewhere. If I see them anywhere, I can ping you if you want to let you know? Hopefully they won't be long. Best of luck with your GCSEs! Hope that helps :biggrin:

Yes please, that would be so helpful. Thanks a lot
Reply 8
Just in case we don't get any predictions/you want to do some practice essays I've just been taking a look through the past papers we've had a question on justice, tension/excitement, the ineffective police force and how treasure is presented (which jeez haha, I would be horrified if I got that in the exam). From that, I think it's safe to say that we're probably looking at a character question, or maybe one on the subplot with Morstan and Watson's love. Hope that helps!

Original post by zacsymonds
Yes please, that would be so helpful. Thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending