The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE English Literature Paper 2 (J352/02) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

OCR GCSE English Literature Paper 2 (J352/02) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Wednesday 24th May 2023 / AM
Length: 2h

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any predictions for macbeth?

I really hope it's on a theme so u could practically write about more stuff
Reply 2
Original post by Jay.4
Any predictions for macbeth?

I really hope it's on a theme so u could practically write about more stuff

I replied to another post in more detail ab this but in case u cant find that one there hasn’t been a qu on nature, deception or violence in a while!
Reply 4
im so scared for the unseen poetry because the unseen extract for aic was so bad :frown: please don't give us another bad one ocr
Reply 5
english lit.png
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
How did you guys find the paper?

I do Macbeth and Love & Relationship poems and I thought the questions were quite good.
For Macbeth I did the supernatural extract question, as I was not aware which quotes came the soliloquies. The poetry part b (about difficult relationships) I wrote about Long Distance II, and I got quite a bit of analysis. I wasn't the biggest fan of the unseen but overall it was alright.
Reply 7
Original post by lisa122343
How did you guys find the paper?

I do Macbeth and Love & Relationship poems and I thought the questions were quite good.
For Macbeth I did the supernatural extract question, as I was not aware which quotes came the soliloquies. The poetry part b (about difficult relationships) I wrote about Long Distance II, and I got quite a bit of analysis. I wasn't the biggest fan of the unseen but overall it was alright.

I do the same! Loved the macbeth supernatural question, I wrote about the witches, lady macbeth and the extract

For poetry for section b I did broken appointment and how the speaker finds difficulty in realising that his partner is cruel
Original post by Jay.4
I do the same! Loved the macbeth supernatural question, I wrote about the witches, lady macbeth and the extract
For poetry for section b I did broken appointment and how the speaker finds difficulty in realising that his partner is cruel

What was the other option for Macbeth? I’m trying to predict what can come up this year
Reply 9
Original post by Jasmaster
What was the other option for Macbeth? I’m trying to predict what can come up this year
the extract question was how does shakespeare present supernatural here and elsewhere and the discursive question was to what extent do soliloquies make the audience feel pity of macbeth, lmk what predictions you come up with because i’m doing the exam this year !
Original post by v1cky
the extract question was how does shakespeare present supernatural here and elsewhere and the discursive question was to what extent do soliloquies make the audience feel pity of macbeth, lmk what predictions you come up with because i’m doing the exam this year !

Thanks. I’ve had a look and I don’t think they’ve asked any questions on ambition and gender. For characters they haven’t asked anything to do with the witches. They’ve asked about the supernatural and kingship a few times. They’ve already asked about the importance of banquo and Macduff. I reckon it’ll be something to do with ambition or the witches. I’m probably wrong though
Reply 11
Thanks. I’ve had a look and I don’t think they’ve asked any questions on ambition and gender. For characters they haven’t asked anything to do with the witches. They’ve asked about the supernatural and kingship a few times. They’ve already asked about the importance of banquo and Macduff. I reckon it’ll be something to do with ambition or the witches. I’m probably wrong though

i hope its not on the importance of a character i hatee those questions but your predictions seem reasonable - i was hoping that a question on guilt would come up or the character of lady macbeth since i dont think they asked that in a while
Original post by v1cky
i hope its not on the importance of a character i hatee those questions but your predictions seem reasonable - i was hoping that a question on guilt would come up or the character of lady macbeth since i dont think they asked that in a while
If you do love and relationships for poetry do you have any predictions for what might come up
If you do love and relationships for poetry do you have any predictions for what might come up

i think because they're starting to assess the new poems from 2024 it could be one of the new poems. i hope its not poem for my love or looking at your hands tho. what other texts do you do?
Original post by chickennoodles5
i think because they're starting to assess the new poems from 2024 it could be one of the new poems. i hope its not poem for my love or looking at your hands tho. what other texts do you do?

Jekyll and Hyde leave taking macbeth

i do leave taking too! i thought i was the only one
Original post by chickennoodles5
i do leave taking too! i thought i was the only one

Has your teacher given you any predictions for that?
Has your teacher given you any predictions for that?

no anything can come up but i hope they're nice bc its being newly assessed
Reply 18

do you have any predictions for jekyll and hyde?? After looking at previous question i literally have no clue - i thought maybe something to do with secrecy as it hasn't been asked in a while but idk
Original post by v1cky
do you have any predictions for jekyll and hyde?? After looking at previous question i literally have no clue - i thought maybe something to do with secrecy as it hasn't been asked in a while but idk

I was thinking something to do with friendship or something like that but it’s really hard to predict because the questions are always weird

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending