The Student Room Group

Jam’s GYG study record-GCSE’s 2024

Hello! Currently in year 11 and just want a place to record all the work I’m putting in as I often tend to put down my achievements (or lack of) to luck! Also gcses are alarmingly soon-hoping this will motivate me to work as much as I can!

Here are my (hopefully!!) realistic predicted grades:
English Literature: 9
English Language: 9
History: 9
Maths: 9
Spanish: 7/8 (predicted 7 but want an 8)
Physics: 8/9 (predicted 9 but have really struggled in the past despite doing well on the mocks so probably 8)
Chemistry: 9
Biology: 9
RS: 9 (Achieved!)
Drama: 8
Textiles: 8

My favorite subjects are: History, English and Textiles
I want to study English Literature, History and Sociology at A level, and most probably History or English at A level

(If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Jam12345
Hello! Currently in year 11 and just want a place to record all the work I’m putting in as I often tend to put down my achievements (or lack of) to luck! Also gcses are alarmingly soon-hoping this will motivate me to work as much as I can!

Here are my (hopefully!!) realistic predicted grades:
English Literature: 9
English Language: 9
History: 9
Maths: 9
Spanish: 7/8 (predicted 7 but want an 8)
Physics: 8/9 (predicted 9 but have really struggled in the past despite doing well on the mocks so probably 8)
Chemistry: 9
Biology: 9
RS: 9 (Achieved!)
Drama: 8
Textiles: 8

My favorite subjects are: History, English and Textiles
I want to study English Literature, History and Sociology at A level, and most probably History or English at A level

(If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!)

Welcome to Grow Your Grades! Those are some impressive predicted grades! Which texts are you studying for English Lit?
Original post by Pwca
Welcome to Grow Your Grades! Those are some impressive predicted grades! Which texts are you studying for English Lit?

I’m studying Macbeth, An Inspector Calls and Jekyll and Hyde, as well as the Power and Conflict poetry anthology!
(edited 2 months ago)
Ah brill, do you have a favourite? We've got a mini study group for at least one of those - An Inspector Calls. It's not crazy busy atm but I reckon it'll pick up over the next few weeks :smile:
Original post by Pwca
Ah brill, do you have a favourite? We've got a mini study group for at least one of those - An Inspector Calls. It's not crazy busy atm but I reckon it'll pick up over the next few weeks :smile:

Thanks so much! My favorite is probably Macbeth- so many interesting motifs and metaphors!
13/02/2024- started off quite slow today unfortunately, and had a social arrangement- but still managed to finish my drama portfolio, so not completely unproductive! Hoping to get quite a bit done tomorrow though.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Jam12345
Thanks so much! My favorite is probably Macbeth- so many interesting motifs and metaphors!

I totally agree. I've always been so fascinated by the character of Lady Macbeth as well, especially around the theme of gender. If you ever get a chance to see it on stage then I highly recommend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending