Edexcel IGCSE English Literature | POETRY & MODERN PROSE

How is everyone feeling for tomorrow? :curious:
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Light of Truth

any predictions for omam or poetry?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
for poetry im guessing it either prayer before birth, war photographer or my last duchess

for Of Mice and men (feel free to correct this as I have gathered all the questions in a grid but I might accidentally mess up sorry in advance!)
It will definitely not going to be on Crooks for character questions, theme: respect (they had on jan 2023)
relationship between George and Lennie (appeared twice May 2018 1R + May 2020 1R), Slim (not sure for this but he appeared twice) (2018 1R + May 20 1)
there might be a chance on Carlson (I hope not)/Curley (as he only appeared once on (2019 1R)/George (2019 1)/Lennie (2019 1R)/relationship of Curley and his wife (only on January 2019 1)/ Curley's Wife (it did not appear on my grid)

if any of you found an error feel free to correct it thank you and good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by char1219
for poetry im guessing it either prayer before birth, war photographer or my last duchess

for Of Mice and men (feel free to correct this as I have gathered all the questions in a grid but I might accidentally mess up sorry in advance!)
It will definitely not going to be on Crooks for character questions, theme: respect (they had on jan 2023)
relationship between George and Lennie (appeared twice May 2018 1R + May 2020 1R), Slim (not sure for this but he appeared twice) (2018 1R + May 20 1)
there might be a chance on Carlson (I hope not)/Curley (as he only appeared once on (2019 1R)/George (2019 1)/Lennie (2019 1R)/relationship of Curley and his wife (only on January 2019 1)/ Curley's Wife (it did not appear on my grid)

if any of you found an error feel free to correct it thank you and good luck for tomorrow!

Curley's wife and animals had come for jan 2023 regional paper
Reply 4
ive fully convinced myself that the theme will be dreams
Original post by arandomaccount
any predictions for omam or poetry?
Reply 5
has anyone got any guess for the poems for tommorw? Or the question for Things Fall Apart
Reply 6

my drama teacher just airdropped me the marseme on her thinkpad
Reply 8
Original post by sanjaalissa
ive fully convinced myself that the theme will be dreams

idk if its the same but george and lennies dream appeared once and future plans as well
Reply 9
i have no idea but i really don’t think i would have enough time to get my head around every character and all 16 poems, esp when given that we have not much time left.
Reply 10
Original post by pypqa
i have no idea but i really don’t think i would have enough time to get my head around every character and all 16 poems, esp when given that we have not much time left.

do what im doing and watch through every character video and make mindmaps. it helps me remember better also quotes you dont have to know word by word as long as its along the lines. characters is easier bc its more limited than themes
Original post by pypqa

As the saying goes, if there's a will, there's a way.

I would suggest on making small bullet points on the form, opening, structure, specific language, and ending on all 16 poems.

If you've done this, in the exam you can structure your answer like this:

Para 1:
Comparative point about the form in both texts
Poem 1 - Evidence, Technique, Explanation, Refer back to writer’s intention
Poem 2 - Evidence, Technique, Explanation, Refer back to writer’s intention

Para 2:
Comparative point about the opening in both texts

Para 3:
Comparative point about the structure in both texts

Para 4:
Comparative point about the specific language in both texts

Para 5:
Comparative point about the ending in both texts

[The pneumonic to learn for structuring the paragraphs is PETER: Point, Evidence, Technique, Explanation, Reference back to writer's intention.]

And voila, you're bullet points on all 16 poems on form, opening, structure, specific language and ending can be put to use, and you're opening yourself up to get marks for both AO2 and AO3 by analysing form, language, and structure alongside making connections between the poems.

Good luck! :biggrin:
(edited 11 months ago)
As the saying goes, if there's a will, there's a way.

I would suggest on making small bullet points on the form, opening, structure, specific language, and ending on all 16 poems.

If you've done this, in the exam you can structure your answer like this:

Para 1:
Comparative point about the form in both texts

Para 2:
Comparative point about the opening in both texts

Para 3:
Comparative point about the structure in both texts

Para 4:
Comparative point about the specific language in both texts

Para 5:
Comparative point about the ending in both texts

[The pneumonic to learn for structuring the paragraphs is PETER: Point, Evidence, Technique, Explanation, Reference back to writer's intention.]

And voila, you're bullet points on all 16 poems on form, opening, structure, specific language and ending can be put to use, and you're opening yourself up to get marks for both AO2 and AO3 by analysing form, language, and structure alongside making connections between the poems.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Heyy, do you know what links ( to compare ) we can make between all the poems i don't have many and I'm scared its not enough xx
Original post by unknown4334
Heyy, do you know what links ( to compare ) we can make between all the poems i don't have many and I'm scared its not enough xx

Well, like I said in my previous message, you should make comparisons on form, opening, structure, specific language, ending (The pneumonic you can use is FOSSE). These comparisons can be similarities or differences between the poems.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest