The Student Room Group

WJEC A Level Maths Unit 1 Reactions

How did everyone find it?
Reply 1
Original post by trufflewar
How did everyone find it?

Was it hard? I say AS maths last year and there were people who came out of the exam crying because apparently they included stuff that wasn’t on the specification and included something from gcse lol.
If it was okay this year I’m hoping A2 will be the same :smile:
Reply 2
It was similar difficulty wise to what has come up prior to covid I’d say (much easier than last year)
Reply 3
I found it pretty good, Q7 was problematic but otherwise okay i think. Not all the same at my school tho, a few sets of tears...
Reply 4
I agree Q7 was strange, would never have thought to do what I did to get that quadratic equation had I not been given it i doubt. I also found Q11 to be slightly strange but I just inputted a few values of x into my calculator to get a rough idea of how it would look and went off that haha
Reply 5
Original post by rhys___
It was similar difficulty wise to what has come up prior to covid I’d say (much easier than last year)

They are wanting the grades achieved by students to be the same as they were pre pandemic levels, so is most likely why the paper was similar to 2019 in difficulty. But I still think grade boundaries are going to be low, most likely somewhere between 2019 and 2022 :smile:
Reply 6
the only problem was how the questions were worded. Like actually kicked myself after realising what you had to do for question 7 with the m^2, and the me not realising how to do logaritihims because i was stuck on the idea of there being two different bases :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest