The Student Room Group

Aqa Maths Higher Paper 1

Can someone explain the function machine question to me cuz that wording and stuff was impossible to understand
Reply 1
Okay! I can't be certain that I approached this correctly, but I inserted numbers into the function machine. For example, I used one (1) for my first number, three (3) for my second and five (5) for my third. I then submitted three (3) into the same function machine as that was two more than the initial number. The difference between the two answers was six in my instance, which was twice as much as the second function (which for me was 3). This could have worked for any numbers though so long as you followed this sequence. I could make a video and link you to it if you'd like (: I hope this makes sense...
Reply 2
Original post by K.online.
Okay! I can't be certain that I approached this correctly, but I inserted numbers into the function machine. For example, I used one (1) for my first number, three (3) for my second and five (5) for my third. I then submitted three (3) into the same function machine as that was two more than the initial number. The difference between the two answers was six in my instance, which was twice as much as the second function (which for me was 3). This could have worked for any numbers though so long as you followed this sequence. I could make a video and link you to it if you'd like (: I hope this makes sense...

Oh so you just need to substitute any values in? when i was doing it i thought of doing that but as there were so many variables i think i would have done it wrong. Thanks for the help though, i think it was only 2 marks so hopefully it doesnt effect my grade much
Reply 3
Original post by Sophski101
Oh so you just need to substitute any values in? when i was doing it i thought of doing that but as there were so many variables i think i would have done it wrong. Thanks for the help though, i think it was only 2 marks so hopefully it doesnt effect my grade much

I'm sure it won't! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest