The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry | PAPER 1

How is everyone feeling for Monday? :K:

Scroll to see replies

Not good, I have 2 Spanish exams clashing with it as well so I have to do chem after those :cry:
Reply 2
Not good. Im trying to revise but im so tired and feeling kinda bad. Its only my 4th exam and i am already over it lol
Reply 3
Original post by Cardinally
Not good. Im trying to revise but im so tired and feeling kinda bad. Its only my 4th exam and i am already over it lol

I reccommend watching the science with hazel chemistry video, it is a full video on the whole spec, it is only 3 hours, take little breaks in between and do loads of past papers and you should be fine
Reply 4
i have geography the same day some1 help me bruh
Reply 5
Original post by rabiiii379
i have geography the same day some1 help me bruh

You going to pull an allnighter lol
Reply 6
That was so good wow

Does anyone know if we were supposed to use 14.7 or 15 for the delta H? I used 15 and got 3667 kJ/mol
Reply 7
Original post by AtlasC
That was so good wow

Does anyone know if we were supposed to use 14.7 or 15 for the delta H? I used 15 and got 3667 kJ/mol

I used 14.7 what did you get for the moles of pentanol was it 4.0909 x10^-3 something like that
Reply 8
Yes it was 0.004090909
Reply 9
Original post by AtlasC
Yes it was 0.004090909

Okok what did you get for x loads of people said 10 and I got 4. Can you explain how you got 10
Reply 10
It is 10
Reply 11
Can we also chat about the upcoming physics paper on Thursday ?
Reply 12
Original post by amm89
Okok what did you get for x loads of people said 10 and I got 4. Can you explain how you got 10

well find the ratio first which is 1 : x
then you find mol of h2o and also na2so4 (something like that)
and u divide both side by the num mole of na2so4 you will end up having 10
what was the one about pentanol i think it was like 2 marks, how did u get the answer?
Reply 14
what was the one about pentanol i think it was like 2 marks, how did u get the answer?

i wrote 2c5h11oh + 15o2 -> 10Co2 + 12h2o
Ohhh wait i mean the question when it gave you like a temp which was 30 degrees and it like asked prove that zinc was in excess or something

Original post by pewpepwpe
Ohhh wait i mean the question when it gave you like a temp which was 30 degrees and it like asked prove that zinc was in excess or something

ughh Is probably just find the ratio between 2 compound and show that the ratio isnt 1:2
Reply 17
Original post by pewpepwpe

My friend wrote what you wrote but i am fairly certain that you had to have 7.5 for the O2. it is a bit counter-intuitive but I pretty sure it's the answer dude.
Original post by itayrofe
My friend wrote what you wrote but i am fairly certain that you had to have 7.5 for the O2. it is a bit counter-intuitive but I pretty sure it's the answer dude.

Prob both correct, btw any predictions of grade boundaries? will it be same as the one in 2023 Jan or 2019 June ?
Reply 19
Original post by tyyyyttytyggg
Prob both correct, btw any predictions of grade boundaries? will it be same as the one in 2023 Jan or 2019 June ?

probabaly somewhere around the jan 2023 and the june 2022 so for a 9(A**) it will be around 75% i think

Quick Reply

Latest