The Student Room Group

AQA maths GCSE non calculator May 2023

How did you find this exam?
Original post by Elisabeth12

I did the higher tier and me personally, I think the paper was good but 1/4 was just a bit odd towards the end and the rest was quite good.
Original post by Ytftgy7g7yby7
I did the higher tier and me personally, I think the paper was good but 1/4 was just a bit odd towards the end and the rest was quite good.

Does anyone have any revision tips for paper 2 and 3 ?
Original post by libbieb
Does anyone have any revision tips for paper 2 and 3 ?

Well honestly I would just say revise calculator topics and that's how you know how that you are revising the right content
i think it went well but honestly it was just a really weird paper. like the content involved was more simple and unvaried than usual. the thing that kinda threw me off was that it was so different to the mocks, like in the mocks the first page was always 1 markers and the rest of all the questions were 3-4 markers but in the gcse like 2 pages were 1-2 marks and then there was also loads of 1 markers which were dotted around the place. This was kinda annoying cause i revised alot for more complicated questions so like all the 1 markers i did i had no real prep for so i had to rely on muscle memory u know. Also in the mocks there was always guaranteed to be some questions that were in every exam like circle theorum questions and prove the triangles are congruent question and vectors question but there was none of that. Overrall pretty easy paper but i did **** up the 0.13 recurring question cause i used 100x instead of 10x :eek:
Original post by preliminary-intr
i think it went well but honestly it was just a really weird paper. like the content involved was more simple and unvaried than usual. the thing that kinda threw me off was that it was so different to the mocks, like in the mocks the first page was always 1 markers and the rest of all the questions were 3-4 markers but in the gcse like 2 pages were 1-2 marks and then there was also loads of 1 markers which were dotted around the place. This was kinda annoying cause i revised alot for more complicated questions so like all the 1 markers i did i had no real prep for so i had to rely on muscle memory u know. Also in the mocks there was always guaranteed to be some questions that were in every exam like circle theorum questions and prove the triangles are congruent question and vectors question but there was none of that. Overrall pretty easy paper but i did **** up the 0.13 recurring question cause i used 100x instead of 10x :eek:

That's OK, I'm sure you did well but yeah I think the paper was actually good but the ending was weird.
Reply 6
Original post by Elisabeth12

Personally I found it awful :/ but it is what it is. My brain just doesn’t click with maths. Hopefully papers 2 and 3 will being up my grade though 💪
Original post by Ytftgy7g7yby7
That's OK, I'm sure you did well but yeah I think the paper was actually good but the ending was weird.

Yeah the last question took me ages to figure out idk why but I managed to work it out with like 1 min left haha so I just scribbled it down quick
Original post by preliminary-intr
Yeah the last question took me ages to figure out idk why but I managed to work it out with like 1 min left haha so I just scribbled it down quick

It's good to write whatever calculations your mind comes up with as you could get marks with this.

Quick Reply

Latest