The Student Room Group

history gcse

okay so in Thursday the 18th May, we sat the Medicine Through Time and the Western Front History paper. One of the questions, the 16 marker in the medicine section, had an incorrect date. One of the options asked about how key Thomas Sydenham was in the years 1500-1700, in other words, the renaissance period, and gave us two bullet points, as standard.
However, one bullet point mentioned the book he published, followed by a date which turned out to be incorrect. The Pearson Edexcel exam said the book was published in 1576, whereas in actuality, it was published in 1676. I understand people's annoyance, but I can also see that It isn't that detrimental an error.
Will we lose marks if we refer to the incorrect date the exam board gave us? Many of my friends are worried, and I am curious as to whether we will face repercussions for referring to an incorrect date, even if the exam board gave us it.
Reply 1
Original post by hcxo
okay so in Thursday the 18th May, we sat the Medicine Through Time and the Western Front History paper. One of the questions, the 16 marker in the medicine section, had an incorrect date. One of the options asked about how key Thomas Sydenham was in the years 1500-1700, in other words, the renaissance period, and gave us two bullet points, as standard.
However, one bullet point mentioned the book he published, followed by a date which turned out to be incorrect. The Pearson Edexcel exam said the book was published in 1576, whereas in actuality, it was published in 1676. I understand people's annoyance, but I can also see that It isn't that detrimental an error.
Will we lose marks if we refer to the incorrect date the exam board gave us? Many of my friends are worried, and I am curious as to whether we will face repercussions for referring to an incorrect date, even if the exam board gave us it.

I heard about this, they shouldn’t make u lose any marks since they were the ones who made the mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest