The Student Room Group

maths aqa higher gcse

does anyone have any revision tips for improving my maths grade?
I've already done paper 1 but I'm worrying i didn't do good enough to get my wanted grade so i need to ace paper 2 and 3. Tips would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by libbieb
I've already done paper 1 but I'm worrying i didn't do good enough to get my wanted grade so i need to ace paper 2 and 3. Tips would be greatly appreciated!

Honestly highlight or pinpoint the topics you dpnt understand,struggle with or haven't gone through enough and go through them by watching maths genie or gcse maths tutor videos, make notes and pause their video in between to attempts some yourself.
That's aaht jndo and it's really helpful.
Original post by Ytftgy7g7yby7
That's aaht jndo and it's really helpful.

Sorry for spelling mistakes, I meant that's what I do and its really helpful.
Original post by libbieb

Hi, I'm a third year maths student at Lancaster University, and I thought I could offer some tips on maths revision that have helped me in the past:
1) Past Papers - One of the best ways to revise is to do lots of past papers. This helps a lot with exam technique. In addition it's great to do this with your friends, if you go through each others answers and mark each others papers it's really helpful to see everyone's different methods for answering questions.
2) Revision Sessions - If your school offers revision sessions they're definitely worth attending. It's a great chance to work through problems and get last minute help from your teacher. If your school doesn't offer this, it might be worth doing some revision sessions with some of your peers.
3) Youtube Videos - If there's a particular topic you don't understand as much there are lots of great videos on there which will help explain them. It might help you see a topic from a new perspective.

I hope this helps you, and good luck with your other two maths exams!
- Penelope (Lancaster University Mathematics Student Ambassador)
Reply 5
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi, I'm a third year maths student at Lancaster University, and I thought I could offer some tips on maths revision that have helped me in the past:
1) Past Papers - One of the best ways to revise is to do lots of past papers. This helps a lot with exam technique. In addition it's great to do this with your friends, if you go through each others answers and mark each others papers it's really helpful to see everyone's different methods for answering questions.
2) Revision Sessions - If your school offers revision sessions they're definitely worth attending. It's a great chance to work through problems and get last minute help from your teacher. If your school doesn't offer this, it might be worth doing some revision sessions with some of your peers.
3) Youtube Videos - If there's a particular topic you don't understand as much there are lots of great videos on there which will help explain them. It might help you see a topic from a new perspective.

I hope this helps you, and good luck with your other two maths exams!
- Penelope (Lancaster University Mathematics Student Ambassador)

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest