The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Northern Irish students at Durham University?

Having to decide where to firm, worried Ill make the wrong choice aha! Has anyone from
Northern Ireland went there for uni? If so, how did you find it?

My main contenders right now are Durham for Classical Civilisations and Qub for Law, just not sure where to pick and it would be really helpful to hear some things before I decide (before the 6th sadly)!
Hiya! I'm from Holywood, and I'm going to Durham in Sept to study Anthropology with Foundation. I've also been allocated Trevelyan College :smile: I've had a look at some of the societies and there's an Irish Society open to all students from the Island of Ireland - that has a few Northern Irish students in it as well. So I'll probs be joining that. Might be something to look into?

Also, I don't know if this helps - but my older brother is about to graduate from Queens. He told me he didn't really enjoy it- the people & friends he made there were brilliant, but with assignments etc he barely received any support or feedback from professors, and if he did receive any he'd be waiting for weeks on end. So socially for him it was pretty amazing, but academically not so much.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest