The Student Room Group

introduction??? a gyg one off

I just realised I haven't done an official introduction about myself on here, so I probably should do that I'm ngl
hi!!!
I'm Orb
If you've seen my gyg blog I am apologising now with tears
but I just want to go a bit more in depth about me bc I can
the choices:
A-Level History-
I chose history because I've always been obsessed with it since I was little--grew up on horrible histories and essentially any book I could find on the subject, so it felt natural to just go ahead and do it!! I'm really enjoying it so far. If I had an era of history however that I really like studying though it would probably be the Northern Irish Troubles (okay dark) because I see it as a privilege now that I can look back at it, knowing I'm part of the post GFA generation

A-Level English Literature-
If you told past Orb that she was gonna do this she would have laughed at you and said NAH, but here we are. English Lit is a more complicated relationship for me personally because I am good at it, its just no one around me likes it and i got dunked on for choosing it (I dunk on my friend for choosing a level Spanish dw) so yeah. Fortunately I am a bookworm naturally so I am enjoying it (send thoughts and prayers to my Jane eyre book she's literally falling apart)

A-Level Government and Politics-
Politics was something I became interested in at GCSE because at that point I really started hating GCSE Art, so when I realised my school does Politics at a level I was like hell yeah and decided to do it
I really enjoy it but also its about to send me into a spiral at this rate because it's just a lot of information

the original choices for me were history, biology and irish

why I didn't do biology:
realised I'm not a woman in stem and that I'd definitely be more frustrated than happy in this subject

why I didn't do irish:
ni maith liom an muinteoirí gaelige agus is fuath liom rolimirtí :frown:((

but that is
me
fun bonus fact:
my uni choices are durham, edinburgh, bristol, warwick and glasgow (the lnat is very important to me)
but Orb, why not just apply to oxbridge as well if you're doing the LNAT??
THEY SCARE ME
Reply 1
Original post by orb22
I just realised I haven't done an official introduction about myself on here, so I probably should do that I'm ngl
hi!!!
I'm Orb
the choices:
A-Level History-
I chose history because I've always been obsessed with it since I was little--grew up on horrible histories and essentially any book I could find on the subject, so it felt natural to just go ahead and do it!! I'm really enjoying it so far. If I had an era of history however that I really like studying though it would probably be the Northern Irish Troubles (okay dark) because I see it as a privilege now that I can look back at it, knowing I'm part of the post GFA generation

If you told past Orb that she was gonna do this she would have laughed at you and said NAH, but here we are. English Lit is a more complicated relationship for me personally because I am good at it, its just no one around me likes it and i got dunked on for choosing it (I dunk on my friend for choosing a level Spanish dw) so yeah. Fortunately I am a bookworm naturally so I am enjoying it (send thoughts and prayers to my Jane eyre book she's literally falling apart)

Politics was something I became interested in at GCSE because at that point I really started hating GCSE Art, so when I realised my school does Politics at a level I was like hell yeah and decided to do it
I really enjoy it but also its about to send me into a spiral at this rate because it's just a lot of information

why I didn't do biology:
realised I'm not a woman in stem and that I'd definitely be more frustrated than happy in this subject

why I didn't do irish:

but that is
me
fun bonus fact:
my uni choices are durham, edinburgh, bristol, warwick and glasgow (the lnat is very important to me)
THEY SCARE ME

I love this intro. I dont think I've got a proper one either on my gyg but at this point my gyg is just a extra diary that I fill in for tsr and I love it.

The Ireish scared me, cant lie because I looked at it for a solid minute and thought "is that English?".

I love your gyg in general and this is just a better way to know you. xx
Reply 2
Original post by Tatakae L
Original post by orb22
hi!!!
I'm Orb
the choices:
A-Level History-

why I didn't do biology:

why I didn't do irish:

but that is
me
fun bonus fact:
THEY SCARE ME

I love this intro. I dont think I've got a proper one either on my gyg but at this point my gyg is just a extra diary that I fill in for tsr and I love it.

The Ireish scared me, cant lie because I looked at it for a solid minute and thought "is that English?".

I love your gyg in general and this is just a better way to know you. xx

thank you! I just woke up and realised "wow. it's weird that I've never introduced myself" bc I thought everyone did that

You're so real for thinking the Irish was English tho it's like my egg language

And thank you again for liking the gyg bc like you it's a little diary for me as well 🫶🫶
Reply 3
no honestly your so right about the introductions but I am such a lazy person that I cant even be bothered to go back and check if I did😭😭.

and the egg language is like such a life saver bc even when i speak in my own langugae its so much rarer than others so by assosication its so much eaiser to get away with everything that you say.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tatakae L
no honestly your so right about the introductions but I am such a lazy person that I cant even be bothered to go back and check if I did😭😭.

and the egg language is like such a life saver bc even when i speak in my own langugae its so much rarer than others so by assosication its so much eaiser to get away with everything that you say.

YEAH I love knowing a language no one else knows
Original post by orb22
hi!!!
I'm Orb
the choices:
A-Level History-

why I didn't do biology:

why I didn't do irish:

but that is
me
fun bonus fact:
THEY SCARE ME
Heya!

I was nearly about to choose the same a level options as you! Ended up switching law out for history tho I might switch back since I want to do a law under-grad anyway. (I'm still doing GCSE'S but I've already applied for a-levels)

AND YESS horrible Histories is literally the best. I also liked reading all the ripoffs like Horrible Science, and there was a really good series called Dead Famous lol.

Also am a voracious book worm. I haven't ready Jane Eyre, but I've read some other classics. Personally, I love Little Women, like it's such a comfort story. Also Macbeth has me in a bit of a chokehold atm lol

I'm guessing Jane Eyre is your fave?
Reply 6
Original post by wowzapollowza
Heya!
I was nearly about to choose the same a level options as you! Ended up switching law out for history tho I might switch back since I want to do a law under-grad anyway. (I'm still doing GCSE'S but I've already applied for a-levels)
AND YESS horrible Histories is literally the best. I also liked reading all the ripoffs like Horrible Science, and there was a really good series called Dead Famous lol.
Also am a voracious book worm. I haven't ready Jane Eyre, but I've read some other classics. Personally, I love Little Women, like it's such a comfort story. Also Macbeth has me in a bit of a chokehold atm lol
I'm guessing Jane Eyre is your fave?

Jane Eyre is very good but my favourite book is actually Good Omens!
But if it had to come out of my a level content jane eyre is definitely the favourite out of the books I'm studying
Also Macbeth is the best Shakespeare play, no questions asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending