The Student Room Group

Student Finance Eligibility: Partial Study Abroad

Hello, this is a 2 parter due to various circumstances.

Part 1:
Through my university, I will be doing an exchange in Tokyo for Music for my masters (the study will then be finished at my UK institution). Am I right in thinking that as long as the UK institution awards my degree and the exchange is only 'half' or 'integrated with the Masters', I'd still be eligible for the post-grad loan from Student finance?

Part 2:
I'm an Irish national (with the right to indefinitely remain in the U.K). As I was normally living in Northern Ireland up until my Undergrad began, I got my student finance through Student Finance Northern Ireland.

Although I happen to be in England for studying, since September 2020 I have consistently been normally living in England as well as outside term time and only visited Northern Ireland for very short periods to visit family for holidays. I believe I meet the criteria to apply for postgrad finance through SFE and not SFNI, is this definitely the case?

Any and all advice is very much appreciated!
Original post by AbbiT776
Hello, this is a 2 parter due to various circumstances.

Part 1:
Through my university, I will be doing an exchange in Tokyo for Music for my masters (the study will then be finished at my UK institution). Am I right in thinking that as long as the UK institution awards my degree and the exchange is only 'half' or 'integrated with the Masters', I'd still be eligible for the post-grad loan from Student finance?

Part 2:
I'm an Irish national (with the right to indefinitely remain in the U.K). As I was normally living in Northern Ireland up until my Undergrad began, I got my student finance through Student Finance Northern Ireland.

Although I happen to be in England for studying, since September 2020 I have consistently been normally living in England as well as outside term time and only visited Northern Ireland for very short periods to visit family for holidays. I believe I meet the criteria to apply for postgrad finance through SFE and not SFNI, is this definitely the case?

Any and all advice is very much appreciated!
Hi Abbi,

Are you classing England as home and living here permanently or is this for study purposes only? Did you receive funding from us for the undergraduate or Student Finance NI?

And regarding your other query, is this after you finish your current course and is it a taught masters? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending