The Student Room Group

How lucky am i!

I spent the past 3 months doing my best to avoid the cold and flu's that everyone else was getting. My whole family were dying of the flu and all my classmates yet i still managed to stay healthy through christmas. Now, just before my birthday, i've have been struck down with the flu big time. :frown: I am burning up, have a sore throat, blocked nose and can't stop sneezing and coughing...after all that bloody hardwork trying to keep healthy as well .

Who knows from experience any good remedies to get rid of colds?
Reply 1
need_money
I spent the past 3 months doing my best to avoid the cold and flu's that everyone else was getting. My whole family were dying of the flu and all my classmates yet i still managed to stay healthy through christmas. Now, just before my birthday, i've have been struck down with the flu big time. :frown: I am burning up, have a sore throat, blocked nose and can't stop sneezing and coughing...after all that bloody hardwork trying to keep healthy as well .

And to top it off you won't be able to use the computer :mad:
Whatever will you do
Reply 2
need_money

:eek:
Reply 3
PadFoot90
:eek:

I dont mean literally...its an expression.
Reply 4
need_money
I dont mean literally...its an expression.

i was kidding :wink:
Reply 5
go to bed and stay there.
aww u poor thing...ive been avoiding the flu for months now.....im sur it wil go soon then u can party twice as hard
Water, vitamin C, warm clothing and some fresh air!

Lou
xxx
Reply 8
lemsip = tastes like ****, not that i know what **** tastes like, but it tastes rubbish anyway. but works amazingly. try that

or just bed rest and championship manager / minesweeper, whichever floats your boat
Reply 9
Most people try to get lots of sleep...but I like to carry on with my usual daily activities with an exceedingly high temperature(running around barefoot outside, going on the computer, watching TV, hanging out with my friend who usually has the same illness as me at any given time. :biggrin: Basically, the harder I try to keep from getting better, the better I get. My mum'll give me a few words when she catches me though. :rolleyes:
Treat a cold, it lasts for 7 days. Leave it be and it lasts for a week.

You can't cure a cold, just treat the symptoms. Get some cold and flu capsules to ease your suffering. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Reply 11
I know a good remedy to get rid of the cold...
need_money

Do nothing for as long as possible and go to bed at like 6 in the evening. Oh and fully dosed up on medicine
Reply 13
technik
go to bed and stay there.

Aye, you'd just love that wouldn't you.
Reply 14
Okely dokely :smile: thanks for the advice. :biggrin: *goes off to get doped up on medicine*
Don't overdose yourself though! :biggrin:
Olbas.
Reply 17
forget it and let it forget you:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending