The Student Room Group

An Oscillating Capacitor Isaac physics

Hi, this question is for AQA paper 2 physics, does anyone understand how to solve this, I've been stuck on this for about 30 minutes nowScreenshot 2023-05-27 152519.png
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Kingemperor07
Hi, this question is for AQA paper 2 physics, does anyone understand how to solve this, I've been stuck on this for about 30 minutes nowScreenshot 2023-05-27 152519.png

Youve a formula for voltage and charge so
Q = CV
Then current is the rate of change of charge.
Reply 2

This is a very weird question, essentially current is the rate of change of current hence I can say I = dQ/dt.
We also have the equation of Q=CV hence as we want current I can write dQ/dt = C * dV/dt. (Which should still simplify to Q=CV)
Hence if you differentiate the equation V = Vosin(wt) and plug in the values (Remember to put your calculate in radians) you should get the correct answer.
Reply 3
Original post by OluSeye1
This is a very weird question, essentially current is the rate of change of current hence I can say I = dQ/dt.
We also have the equation of Q=CV hence as we want current I can write dQ/dt = C * dV/dt. (Which should still simplify to Q=CV)
Hence if you differentiate the equation V = Vosin(wt) and plug in the values (Remember to put your calculate in radians) you should get the correct answer.

Yeah thanks bro, your answer was right :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah thanks bro, your answer was right :smile:

No problem bro

Quick Reply

Latest