The Student Room Group

im so scared for gcses

ive been making notes for science and computer science, on my ipad and making digital flashcards along side it. but im so scared that i cant bring these flashcards in but i dont want to print them all out (or write them out either) because theres 100s.

im in yr10 and have mocks soon. everyone expects me to do well and im just so tired of literally everything and i cry all the time about it
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by gcsehelp1232
ive been making notes for science and computer science, on my ipad and making digital flashcards along side it. but im so scared that i cant bring these flashcards in but i dont want to print them all out (or write them out either) because theres 100s.

im in yr10 and have mocks soon. everyone expects me to do well and im just so tired of literally everything and i cry all the time about it

What do you mean by bringing you’re flash cards in?
But I think you’re on a great track, you seem to have commitment and are on a good stage in year 10. I just recommend practicing some past papers before you’re mocks so you nail your exam technique. Revising you’re flash cards as well as doing past papers in the side will be great, and making a note of where you are going wrong and regularly revisiting those mistakes, maybe jot down your mistakes on your iPad or a notebook?

Also bear in mind you’re only in year 10 so you still have a while until your GCSE. With your commitment, I am certain you will a achieve the grades you want. GCSE are also not the be all and end all so even if you don’t perform amazing, it’s not the end of the world and there are so many other opportunities. So don’t stress too much over them even though lots of people may put pressure on you because it’s not as deep as it seems and I believe in you, you’ll do great!! Good luck for mocks:smile:
Reply 2
I know everyone says it but your year 10 mocks do not matter. You might have your teacher/classmates expectations and predicted grades weighing down on you but that can be easily changed in the year 11 mocks. I was in the same shoes as you, completely stressed for year 10 mocks but they did not affect me in any way whatsoever. Don't use these mocks as a way to see how intelligent you are, instead use it to check if your specific revision techniques are helping you get the grades you want. If not, don't worry about it. You can use it to improve for the next set of mocks.
Reply 3
Original post by Ashirs
What do you mean by bringing you’re flash cards in?
But I think you’re on a great track, you seem to have commitment and are on a good stage in year 10. I just recommend practicing some past papers before you’re mocks so you nail your exam technique. Revising you’re flash cards as well as doing past papers in the side will be great, and making a note of where you are going wrong and regularly revisiting those mistakes, maybe jot down your mistakes on your iPad or a notebook?

Also bear in mind you’re only in year 10 so you still have a while until your GCSE. With your commitment, I am certain you will a achieve the grades you want. GCSE are also not the be all and end all so even if you don’t perform amazing, it’s not the end of the world and there are so many other opportunities. So don’t stress too much over them even though lots of people may put pressure on you because it’s not as deep as it seems and I believe in you, you’ll do great!! Good luck for mocks:smile:

I mean like bringing them into school
Reply 4

Does your school not allow bringing devices into school?
Reply 5

Yeah they should allow you to bring in devices before exams or even during study periods etc. Otherwise, can you not send the flash cards to your school email and view them from a school computer?
Reply 6
Original post by a_aray
Does your school not allow bringing devices into school?

we arent allowed on phones
Reply 7
we arent allowed on phones

If that's the case then your best bet would be doing as much revision of the flashcards you can do at home before going into the exam. If you feel like you haven't done enough, don't worry, you'll know more than you think you do. Even though phones are allowed in my school, I still choose not to do that pre-exam last minute revision anyways. It can stress you out and muddle up what you already have in your head. So trust yourself with your own knowledge, you've got this.
Reply 8
Original post by a_aray
If that's the case then your best bet would be doing as much revision of the flashcards you can do at home before going into the exam. If you feel like you haven't done enough, don't worry, you'll know more than you think you do. Even though phones are allowed in my school, I still choose not to do that pre-exam last minute revision anyways. It can stress you out and muddle up what you already have in your head. So trust yourself with your own knowledge, you've got this.

tysm

Quick Reply

Latest