The Student Room Group

brighton college 16+ entry

hey all, i'm new here and i just wanted to ask a few questions?
i'm taking my brighton college entrance exam (16+) in about a weeks time and i'm really stressed about what's in the tests- i've found a few forums here from a few years back that suggest knowing the gcse maths syllabus well, but apart from that i don't know anything else that's going to be in the test. i'm already a student in the UK so i have a vague idea of what the structures for stuff like english essays are (my school hasn't really covered that yet) but i would love a little bit more guidance (although i know not too much detail should be given).
any help?
thanks!!
Reply 1
my brother tried a few years back, i think they tested english and maths. he screwed the maths bit quite bad because it covered quite a bit of a level maths. i am not entirely sure if they also tested additional things based on your intended subjects though. he definitely struggled with the interview... Good luck my friend.
Reply 2
Original post by mchk1001
my brother tried a few years back, i think they tested english and maths. he screwed the maths bit quite bad because it covered quite a bit of a level maths. i am not entirely sure if they also tested additional things based on your intended subjects though. he definitely struggled with the interview... Good luck my friend.

oh god a level maths?? i do higher gcse and further maths but i'm even struggling with just the gcse maths curriculum at the moment... good luck to me then 😭
Reply 3
just give it your best shot, they're picky for a reason. best case is you get in and worst case is you learn a lesson out of the experience!
Original post by kloutless
i'm taking my brighton college entrance exam (16+) in about a weeks time and i'm really stressed about what's in the tests- i've found a few forums here from a few years back that suggest knowing the gcse maths syllabus well, but apart from that i don't know anything else that's going to be in the test. i'm already a student in the UK so i have a vague idea of what the structures for stuff like english essays are (my school hasn't really covered that yet) but i would love a little bit more guidance (although i know not too much detail should be given).
any help?
thanks!!

Hiii, I’m also sitting it too and I’m so scared rn😭 idk what to expect tbh 😭😭 I hope for the best for everyone tho!💖
Reply 5
Original post by Anyaaaaaaaaa
Hiii, I’m also sitting it too and I’m so scared rn😭 idk what to expect tbh 😭😭 I hope for the best for everyone tho!💖

4th november right?? i'm so so scared bc i have absolutely NO idea whats going to be in it (like i dont really know what verbal reasoning even is??) and i'm defo failing bahahah
good luck to you too!!!!
Reply 6
any help?
thanks!!

if theres a level maths then im SO screwed omg 😭😭😭
Reply 7
Original post by bellad2
if theres a level maths then im SO screwed omg ***

ikr i’ve heard the maths section is really hard i’m so scared * i can barely understand the gcse content
and also idk what’s going to be in the other sections??? like this is so stressful
Reply 8
ikr i’ve heard the maths section is really hard i’m so scared �* i can barely understand the gcse content
and also idk what’s going to be in the other sections??? like this is so stressful

same omg!!! I struggle with the gcse stuff i dont know how I'll manage 😭 hopefully its not too many questions
Reply 9
Original post by carmenml
hi just wondering if any of u guys got offers/accepted a place for bc at sixth form?! i got in and have no idea whether to accept or not and really want to know people going😭

i got rejected after the exam 💀 (i.e., stage 1) but i think u should accept even if u don't know anyone, it's a good good good opportunity and ur bound to meet someone!!
any help?
thanks!!
Hi! I was wondering how the exam went for you because I’m doing it soon and would benefit from some advice. Thanks.
Original post by evie____
Hi! I was wondering how the exam went for you because I’m doing it soon and would benefit from some advice. Thanks.

hey so sorry for the late reply! to be quite frank the exam went absolutely terrible for me but that was because i did nowhere near the amount of revision I should have done. I definitely struggled in the non-verbal (i think that's what it's called?) section because I didn't answer all of it, and the maths bit wasn't great either.
if you haven't done it yet, good luck!!! and also good luck if you've done it already hahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending