The Student Room Group

English language igcse edexcel 2023

HELLO, does anyone have any predictions on what texts are gonna come up?? Pls and thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I know that it is unlikely for it to be between a rock and a hard place as that came last year :smile:

My bets are on 'Young and Dyslexic' or 'A passage to Africa' as they having come up much!!! - Hope this helps <3
Reply 2
thank you so much :smile: , what about a journey to Bhutan and danger of single story?? Do u think theyre likely to come up or nah
Original post by Maybar
Hey! I know that it is unlikely for it to be between a rock and a hard place as that came last year :smile:

My bets are on 'Young and Dyslexic' or 'A passage to Africa' as they having come up much!!! - Hope this helps <3
Reply 3
Hmmmm im not too sure about danger of a single story but I know Journey to Bhutan came up in 2021 which is quite recent so it is also less likely. Anything can come up though!!
Reply 4
Original post by Maybar
Hmmmm im not too sure about danger of a single story but I know Journey to Bhutan came up in 2021 which is quite recent so it is also less likely. Anything can come up though!!

AA thank you so much :smile: !!!
Reply 5
I just checked a record of all the previous papers that have come up and these ones are most likely:

- A Passage To Africa
- The Danger of a Single Story
- Beyond the Sky and the earth
- Young and Dyslexic

These are my predictions but do look over the others as well just in case :biggrin:!!

No worries at all :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Maybar
I just checked a record of all the previous papers that have come up and these ones are most likely:

- A Passage To Africa
- Young and Dyslexic

These are my predictions but do look over the others as well just in case :biggrin:!!

No worries at all :smile:

is this for regional??
Reply 7
I looked at what has come up in both the regional and non regional so it's for both :smile:
Reply 8
So, The polo one isnt likely for non regional?

Original post by Maybar
I looked at what has come up in both the regional and non regional so it's for both :smile:
Reply 9
That's a good question hmm.. The last time it came up was 2023R (Regional) so technically it could come up again in the non regional but it is very unlikely!!
Original post by Maybar
That's a good question hmm.. The last time it came up was 2023R (Regional) so technically it could come up again in the non regional but it is very unlikely!!

i think theres a possibility but not one to completely focus on, as it is frequently done in the r papers, but hasnt been done in the non-r papers since the new spec
Reply 11
Original post by cvcvcvcdxs
i think theres a possibility but not one to completely focus on, as it is frequently done in the r papers, but hasnt been done in the non-r papers since the new spec

Yes. I'm focusing mainly on these: For me it won't be A Game of Polo as I sit the regional paper :smile:

- A Passage To Africa
- Young and Dyslexic
Original post by Maybar
Yes. I'm focusing mainly on these: For me it won't be A Game of Polo as I sit the regional paper :smile:

- A Passage To Africa
- Young and Dyslexic

when is your exam? mines this monday
im focusing on: A passage to Africa , explorers daughter, rock and a hard place and the polo one
Reply 13
Mine is also Monday.
Original post by Maybar
Mine is also Monday.

cool! best of luck to you <3
Reply 15
Good luck to you too <3 :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Maybar

- A Passage To Africa
- Young and Dyslexic

I was right! We got young and dyslexic!! What did the non regional get?
A passage to africa

Original post by Maybar
I was right! We got young and dyslexic!! What did the non regional get?
Reply 18
Original post by cvcvcvcdxs
A passage to africa

Aww I wanted that one! Oh well they are both nice :smile:
It was a weird text to compare to! A text about a surgeon,which didn't really relate to the Africa text, so it was struggle to find similarities! How did your's go?
Original post by Maybar
Aww I wanted that one! Oh well they are both nice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending