The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language B

Hello there;
does the Edexcel International GCSE English Language B (4EB1) count as english first language or second language? I was looking at university requirements and for IGCSE it mentioned First Languge and Second language, However I am unsure wether the qulifuication i will be sitting is first language or second language. I will be sitting it as a private candidate without the speaking endorsement.

thank you;
Reply 1
Original post by OmarQur
Hello there;
does the Edexcel International GCSE English Language B (4EB1) count as english first language or second language? I was looking at university requirements and for IGCSE it mentioned First Languge and Second language, However I am unsure wether the qulifuication i will be sitting is first language or second language. I will be sitting it as a private candidate without the speaking endorsement.

thank you;

TL; DR: It's First Language.
Both English Language A and B are those, whereas Second Language qualifications are called so :smile:.

You can see this, for example, in the Edexcel iGCSE grade boundaries here. It doesn't matter if you have the speaking endorsement or not, also, as that's not required like you said, and makes no difference.

Hope that helps! Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest