The Student Room Group

The Official Love Island Thread Summer 2023

@Wired_1800

I don't watch this show but yeah made the thread.
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Quote list

Spoiler

Reply 2
Thanks Talkative Toad.

@harrysbar do you fancy it this year?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Talkative Toad
@Wired_1800

Thank you :biggrin:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
has anyone voted for the initial line up yet? :biggrin:

i did mehdi and catherine, ruchee and andre, molly and mitchell, jess and george, and ella and tyrique

i think the first three are perfect for each other (although ruchee and andre might be better suited as friends but we'll see) and then the last two couples was just random
Reply 5
Original post by mai0may
has anyone voted for the initial line up yet? :biggrin:

i did mehdi and catherine, ruchee and andre, molly and mitchell, jess and george, and ella and tyrique

i think the first three are perfect for each other (although ruchee and andre might be better suited as friends but we'll see) and then the last two couples was just random

I think Jess Harding, Catherine Agbaje and Ruchee Gurung are nice
Reply 6
Original post by Talkative Toad
@Wired_1800

Thanks Toad!
Thanks for making it! I don’t watch it either but maby I will this year just 2 c what the hype is abut
Reply 8
Meet The Islanders

NAME: Ruchee Gurung

WHY ENTER THE VILLA? I'm single and looking for love, and it's the perfect opportunity for me to find someone. I'm a relationship kind of girl, but so far it's not worked out for me.

WHY DATE ME? I'm really caring, when I'm with someone I'm all about them. I'm also really loyal and love doing nice things for the people that are special to me. My love language is gift giving, so I'm a real giver when it comes to relationships

NAME: Tyrique Hyde

WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE VILLA? I'll bring vibes, confidence, good energy and honesty. I don't sit on the fence, if I have an opinion I will speak up. I'm also not afraid to go after what I want

CLAIM T0 FAME? Toby Aromolaran is one of my best friends, we grew up together and were in the same class at school

NAME: Molly Marsh

WHY LOVE ISLAND AND WHY NOW? I think it's ideal timing and the perfect way to find someone.

I don't go out and party and I don't use dating apps, I'm actually quite old-fashioned, so there's no better way to meet someone than by going into a Villa in the sun with the potential 'one' in there.

NAME: George Fensom

HOW WOULD YOUR FAMILY DESCRIBE YOU? I'm the first person to bring the vibe up, I'm always dancing, I'm always the one who wants to go out. My go-to dance move is what I call the Dad Dance, I'm gonna bring dad jokes and dad dancing to the Villa.'

NAME: Catherine Agbaje

HOW WOULD FAMILY AND FRIENDS DESCRIBE YOU? Someone who is fun and a loving character. They know I have so much love to give.

I'm always smiling, I'm always happy, I'm always laughing. You'll always see me with a smile on my face.'

NAME: Mehdi Edno

ARE YOU READY TO FIND THE ONE? Yes. I've been busy for the last few years with work, and doing my Masters degree but now I'm done with the busy schedule, and ready to find love.

THREE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO HAVE IN A PARTNER? Looks are important but they aren't everything, a good sense of humour and someone who is outgoing and up for an adventure is what I'm looking for.

NAME: Ella Thomas

WHAT'S YOUR CLAIM TO FAME? I've been in a Headie One and Burna Burna Boy music video and I was once an extra in World War Z. I was 12 years old when I filmed it and got to meet Brad Pitt which was cool.

WHY SHOULD SOMEBODY DATE YOU? I'm the whole package, I know what I want in life and I've got a big heart.

NAME: Mitchel Taylor

WHY SHOULD SOMEBODY DATE YOU? I thrive on being a gentleman. I'll shower you with flowers, I'll take you on dates, I'll fill your bedside drawer with your favourite sweets and chocolate. I've been single, I've had my fun and now I want to settle down.

WHY ARE YOU SINGLE? I'm just really picky. I've got to find the girl that I want to marry and have kids with. I'm nearly 27, I don't want to play the field anymore, I want to find the one.

NAME: Jess Harding

WHY ARE YOU SINGLE? Because every boy is giving me the ick at the moment. I feel like it's fate because I'm saving myself for Mr Right in the Villa!

WHAT GIVES YOU THE ICK? When a guy stunts for money, that's an ick. Showing off all their designer clothes because most of the time they're probably fake anyway! Another one is when a boy runs for the train and the train goes without him. Lunch Boxes also - just go to Tesco and get a meal deal!

NAME: Andre Fury ado

WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE VILLA? I'm charming, I'm going to bring good looks and some language lessons. I'm going to teach the other Islanders Portuguese, Spanish and a little bit of Creole. I think I've got every slice of the pie.

DO YOU FALL IN LOVE QUICKLY? I would say I fall too quickly to be honest. When I look at beautiful ladies, before I've said hello to them I've already fallen in love. I'm already planning the wedding.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11613927/amp/Love-Island-2023-Meet-Islanders.html
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 9
in
WE BACKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! I'm actually looking forward to it this summer, let's see if it lives up to expectations.
Reply 11
Original post by Leslie Knope
WE BACKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! I'm actually looking forward to it this summer, let's see if it lives up to expectations.

Good
Missed your summations last series
Original post by Cote1
Good
Missed your summations last series

I missed interacting with you guys. I got busy with uni, so I didn't have time to watch the last series. I can't even remember who was in the last series or who even won it.
Based on the new Islanders so far - and this is basing it on the "eye-test", the girls look better than the boys. I've also realised that a majority of the contestants for this series are quite young.
I don’t like how the public paired the couples up again I would have rather seen them naturally work it out anyway let’s see how things go :smile:
Original post by theloveclub
I don’t like how the public paired the couples up again I would have rather seen them naturally work it out anyway let’s see how things go :smile:

The producers seem to want to create drama for the views then receive ofcom complaints
Initial assessment: “Molly is a sweet one”.
Reply 16
What is George talking about - women in their 40s being into bingo?

Give me a break.

BINGO :eek:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Wired_1800
Initial assessment: “Molly is a sweet one”.

It was Lana last time. Tbf you were right there.

Then Paige the time before.
Let's see if you are right this time.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 18
Molly and Mitchel live near each other. Good start.
Original post by Cote1
It was Lana last time. Tbf you were right there.

Then Paige the time before.
Let's see if you are right this time.

Hopefully, I am, unless another one enters the villa. She is a farmer’s daughter which is a plus.

Quick Reply

Latest