The Student Room Group

[WJEC English Language Unit 2] Did you pick the outdoor story or Hillary Clinton? Why

It seems pretty mixed at my school. I myself did the Hillary Clinton question because I didn't have any fun memories to talk about and didn't feel like making anything up. They also provided us with the facts for the Hillary question in Text B and Text C.
Reply 1
Original post by emnaaerymanlto
It seems pretty mixed at my school. I myself did the Hillary Clinton question because I didn't have any fun memories to talk about and didn't feel like making anything up. They also provided us with the facts for the Hillary question in Text B and Text C.

it was the complete opposite at mine, most people did the outdoor activity one. i made the mistake of writing a story about an outdoor activity and didn't focus on description...
Original post by louwhee
it was the complete opposite at mine, most people did the outdoor activity one. i made the mistake of writing a story about an outdoor activity and didn't focus on description...

this is why i (and a lot of other people) picked the hillary clinton question. it was based more on facts rather than a description
Reply 3
this is why i (and a lot of other people) picked the hillary clinton question. it was based more on facts rather than a description

yepp, thats fair. i think the reason why most people in my school did the outdoor one was because it seems easier to get marks and more flexible for different ideas, then again i hate writing essays
im guessing you also did the unit 3 english exam, how was that for you? the topics being music and digital footprints or social media was sooooo kind of them
Original post by louwhee
yepp, thats fair. i think the reason why most people in my school did the outdoor one was because it seems easier to get marks and more flexible for different ideas, then again i hate writing essays
im guessing you also did the unit 3 english exam, how was that for you? the topics being music and digital footprints or social media was sooooo kind of them

yeah i did unit 3 yesterday. i actually found it pretty bad. i think they were nice with the topics, but there were way too many questions. i finished with a few seconds left, and i don't think i even wrote enough. maybe that's just me though. unit 2 had a lot less writing so it just felt nicer to me. at the end, it felt like i had to either sacrifice the quality of the article or the talk to make the other one alright.

how was it for you?
Reply 5
yeah i did unit 3 yesterday. i actually found it pretty bad. i think they were nice with the topics, but there were way too many questions. i finished with a few seconds left, and i don't think i even wrote enough. maybe that's just me though. unit 2 had a lot less writing so it just felt nicer to me. at the end, it felt like i had to either sacrifice the quality of the article or the talk to make the other one alright.

how was it for you?

oooh yeah. i prefer unit 2 with the first half but i didn't like the unit 3 questions/first half so much. i answered everything but i know i didn't get everything will full marks. i had the opposite, i had to sacrifice the quality of my talk to make my article good. idek how i write about giving students laptops and liked the social media one for the article.
overall i think both were okay but the long 8-10 mark questions were quite tough...

Quick Reply

Latest