The Student Room Group

IGCSE Biology help

I'm going to be doing my IGCSE biology exam in the Oct/Nov season. This is my first time covering the content (don't ask) which means I only have four months to go through it all and revise in preparation.
I am very organised and structured; I've timed my days well; I have all the necessary resources. My problem is that biology is such a massive subect with so much going on in it. I find writing summary notes dull and I feel like I'm not grasping the content. Is there any other way I can study for this effectively. What am I doing wrong?
For a starter get a revision books, revision cards this will have the entire curriculum that may come up in the exam , when you get to each topic see what you know if you don’t know a lot this is where you work on it over and over until you fully get it. If you find this too boring or unhelpful YouTube videos are always useful, one channel is Science Made Easy. Past papers are also a good shout but don’t do too many it’s just to get used to the questions, you will find some of the questions in different papers are similar so if you know how to answer that question it makes it easier for the other.
If you need any more tips message
Original post by BlackpinkAngel
For a starter get a revision books, revision cards this will have the entire curriculum that may come up in the exam , when you get to each topic see what you know if you don’t know a lot this is where you work on it over and over until you fully get it. If you find this too boring or unhelpful YouTube videos are always useful, one channel is Science Made Easy. Past papers are also a good shout but don’t do too many it’s just to get used to the questions, you will find some of the questions in different papers are similar so if you know how to answer that question it makes it easier for the other.
If you need any more tips message

I'm already with you on the revision books and syllabus. My problem is not wanting to fall into the read- memorize trap. I need a more effective study method.
Reply 3
Original post by PiltoverQueen
I'm going to be doing my IGCSE biology exam in the Oct/Nov season. This is my first time covering the content (don't ask) which means I only have four months to go through it all and revise in preparation.
I am very organised and structured; I've timed my days well; I have all the necessary resources. My problem is that biology is such a massive subect with so much going on in it. I find writing summary notes dull and I feel like I'm not grasping the content. Is there any other way I can study for this effectively. What am I doing wrong?

Can you share them with me please as I am going to do them in Nov too 😥. I found nothing on the internet that seems useful.
Thanks
Hey! Sure. I can help you out.
So far, I've discovered the most useful platforms are Cognito, SudoStudy (helps with multiple choice questions) and The maths and physics tutor. As for the content, you should go to https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-igcse-biology-0610/ and Z-library (you can download resources there for free). If you still need help let me know.

BTW, sorry for the late response.
Original post by PiltoverQueen
I'm already with you on the revision books and syllabus. My problem is not wanting to fall into the read- memorize trap. I need a more effective study method.

I created flash cards from each page of the revision book
Reply 6
Original post by username6217924

Anyone wants Cambridge Biology IGCSE 0610 Paper 2 Topical Questions + Answers EBook Exam-Mate - find on depop!! Selling for £12 bought on website for £18.5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending