The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Maths

Hi, I got a question about Edexel A Level Maths exam questions (trig solutions)

Q: When you are asked to provide solutions (e.g trig equation questions), and you provide a couple extra solutions which are incorrect (but within the range) but still provide all the correct solutions as well , will you still get the marks for the correct solutions and not be marked down for the 1 or 2 incorrect solutions.

Hope the question was clear , thank you.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
The mark schemes (from current spec past paper questions on that topic from PMT) often say the last accuracy mark is for getting the answers and no wrong answers in the range, so you would lose that last mark. It doesn't clearly say what to do with wrong or correct answers outside the range but you'd be more likely to get away with those (but avoid it when you can ofc). I reccommend when possible using the calculator on both sides of the original equation to check all the answers
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mr_Yoshi
The mark schemes (from current spec past paper questions on that topic from PMT) often say the last accuracy mark is for getting the answers and no wrong answers in the range, so you would lose that last mark. It doesn't clearly say what to do with wrong or correct answers outside the range but you'd be more likely to get away with those (but avoid it when you can ofc). I reccommend when possible using the calculator on both sides of the original equation to check all the answers

Oh ok thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest