The Student Room Group

Are my GCSEs good enough for Oxford?

Hi there, I was thinking of applying for Oxford English but I know how ridiculously competitive it is and I’ve heard they put more weight on GCSEs. I got six 9s, two 8s and two 7s. Is that enough? Thank you :smile:
Yes, that is definitely more than enough.
Reply 2
Original post by flopsey-bunny
Hi there, I was thinking of applying for Oxford English but I know how ridiculously competitive it is and I’ve heard they put more weight on GCSEs. I got six 9s, two 8s and two 7s. Is that enough? Thank you :smile:

Yes, you comfortably exceed the GCSE requirements for both Oxford University and especially Cambridge University but maybe for Medicine at Oxford you just about meet the GCSE requirements!!! :biggrin: lol

Most Oxford and Cambridge applicants have 4 9s or 8s and the rest 7s and the odd 6.

What were the 9s in? Maths? Sciences? 8s? 7s?

If the 7s are in the related subject, you should apply post A-Level with your A-Level grades achieved.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by thegeek888
Yes, you comfortably exceed the GCSE requirements for both Oxford University and especially Cambridge University but maybe for Medicine at Oxford you just about meet the GCSE requirements!!! :biggrin: lol

Most Oxford and Cambridge applicants have 4 9s or 8s and the rest 7s and the odd 6.

What were the 9s in? Maths? Sciences? 8s? 7s?

If the 7s are in the related subject, you should apply post A-Level with your A-Level grades achieved.

Thank you so much for the reply
The 7s are in biology and maths so nothing super important
Reply 4
Original post by flopsey-bunny
Thank you so much for the reply
The 7s are in biology and maths so nothing super important

The 7s in Biology and Maths are the minimum for Science degrees!!! :biggrin: lol So if you want to change course, you could. :wink:

The 9s must be in English Language, English Literature and History? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending