The Student Room Group

My GCSE grades could hurt

I think I will get 6,6 in both english but wanted 7,7. How do i cope?
Just remember you did the best you can - those grades aren’t bad so you’ll still be able to move on with them
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
Just remember you did the best you can - those grades aren’t bad so you’ll still be able to move on with them

I guess a 6 is a B and that will be my lowest grade :smile: Anyway, I'll probs get 9,9,8,8,8,7,6,6,6
Original post by propergoodman

As @Teribblestudent mentioned, you did all you could and that's completely okay! Most places look for atleast a grade 5 or a 6, so nothing much to worry about, you can still get by just fine.
:smile:
Reply 4

Recognise what held you back and don't let it happen again during A-levels hehe, good luck
Reply 5
Original post by OllyWilson
Recognise what held you back and don't let it happen again during A-levels hehe, good luck

I've literally worked my socks of since september :frown: I was doing 3 hours after school from September and 5 hours after school from January
Reply 6

round it up to 7,7 in your head mentally and then consider:

- my results haven't come yet so there's a good chance the examiners might scrape me a 7, 7
- there's a lot of people who would do anything in the UK to be able to PASS right now, so be grateful for your current position
- finally, whatever's done is done. I messed up my GCSE cs exam, the only subject I was gonna pursue at A level AND University I Couldn't do. But I just accepted that and moved on.

life is tough, you just gotta be tougher WHILST understanding that you probably have it a lot better than othe rpeople oput there.

your parents might be disappointed, you might be disappointed, but realise that you should be grateful for the grade no matter how poor it is. As long as you know you put in effort, let the lord do the rest 🙏
Reply 7
Original post by noorulhasan
round it up to 7,7 in your head mentally and then consider:

- my results haven't come yet so there's a good chance the examiners might scrape me a 7, 7
- there's a lot of people who would do anything in the UK to be able to PASS right now, so be grateful for your current position
- finally, whatever's done is done. I messed up my GCSE cs exam, the only subject I was gonna pursue at A level AND University I Couldn't do. But I just accepted that and moved on.

life is tough, you just gotta be tougher WHILST understanding that you probably have it a lot better than othe rpeople oput there.

your parents might be disappointed, you might be disappointed, but realise that you should be grateful for the grade no matter how poor it is. As long as you know you put in effort, let the lord do the rest 🙏

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest