The Student Room Group

dentistry application

hello! im applying to university this year and i dont know if i should eben apply to dentistry anymore
i got 2550 B1 in my ucat but i doubt ill be considered due to the high cut off and thresholds
is there any alternative route to apply for dentistry, im not rlly planning on taking a gap year
any advice will be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I am currently studying Chemistry, Biology and Maths A levels and I am on my way to getting predictions of AAA.
My GCSE subjects and grades are:
Maths:8, Biology:7, Chemistry:7, Physics:7, Business:7, History:7, English Language: 6, English Literature: 6, Product Design: 6, Spanish: 5, Sports Studies: 2D
I achieved a score of 2520 on my UCAT on the most recent round of exams
I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice on what dental school to apply to.
Reply 2
I am currently studying Chemistry, Biology and Maths A levels and I am on my way to getting predictions of AAA.
My GCSE subjects and grades are:
Maths:8, Biology:7, Chemistry:7, Physics:7, Business:7, History:7, English Language: 6, English Literature: 6, Product Design: 6, Spanish: 5, Sports Studies: 2D
I achieved a score of 2520 on my UCAT on the most recent round of exams
I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice on what dental school to apply too.
Original post by aaaaaaaaaccccccc
hello! im applying to university this year and i dont know if i should eben apply to dentistry anymore
i got 2550 B1 in my ucat but i doubt ill be considered due to the high cut off and thresholds
is there any alternative route to apply for dentistry, im not rlly planning on taking a gap year
any advice will be appreciated :smile:

if you really want to do dentistry, it wont hurt to take a gap year, going down a route where u do a degree you dont enjoy will be much worse
Original post by jennaa21
if you really want to do dentistry, it wont hurt to take a gap year, going down a route where u do a degree you dont enjoy will be much worse

not great advice....theyshould still apply but apply strategically fo unis that dont focus much on ucat look up the ukcat ppl and focus on unis with low ucat requirements the only way to not get in is by not applying. if you dont get in because of ucat you know why and then reapply dont give up before you even start
Original post by applesandalevels
not great advice....theyshould still apply but apply strategically fo unis that dont focus much on ucat look up the ukcat ppl and focus on unis with low ucat requirements the only way to not get in is by not applying. if you dont get in because of ucat you know why and then reapply dont give up before you even start

yeah obviously. i thought that was a given still applying.
i was telling them not to give up... not sure how that isn't 'great' advice...
yeah obviously. i thought that was a given still applying.
i was telling them not to give up... not sure how that isn't 'great' advice...

if that’s how you see it🤷🏾*♀️ it’s definitely better to explicitly say to apply strategically than explicitly say to take a year out
if that’s how you see it🤷🏾*♀️ it’s definitely better to explicitly say to apply strategically than explicitly say to take a year out

where did i tell them to take a year out?
"if you really want to do dentistry, it wont hurt to take a gap year" this is what i said... get your information correct.
i am currently going through the same thing as this person, low ucat but still wanting to dentistry so im just telling this person to be open to taking a gap year.
if you want to advise this person as well please do so without saying other people have bad advice :smile:
where did i tell them to take a year out?
"if you really want to do dentistry, it wont hurt to take a gap year" this is what i said... get your information correct.
i am currently going through the same thing as this person, low ucat but still wanting to dentistry so im just telling this person to be open to taking a gap year.
if you want to advise this person as well please do so without saying other people have bad advice :smile:

no need for your advice! i said it wasnt great advice never said bad !
but anyway let's not go back on forth on something we won't agree on we clearly have difference approaches.
all the best with your application!
no need for your advice! i said it wasnt great advice never said bad !
but anyway let's not go back on forth on something we won't agree on we clearly have difference approaches.
all the best with your application!

"no need for your advice" your a jokeman.

Quick Reply

Latest