The Student Room Group

Arabic GCSE's 2023

i'm in yr 10 and ive done my arabic gcse's i just found this website so ive decided to ask a few questions and share my opinions
first of all, what the hell was that reading paper it was horrible and so so so hard. the listening was okay and so was the writing, my speaking also went very well.

i just have one question, what are the estimated grade boundaries? i'm really worried about the grade boundaries being so high and me not being able to achieve the grade that i want (well what my parents want, if you know what arab parents are like lol).

thanks!
Reply 1
The grade boundaries are usually super low and I think they will be really low this year as they were so hard!! I agree the reading was a nightmare :frown: I am a non native speaker and there are many non native speakers taking the course who usually score around a 5 or 6. Not sure exactly what the estimation would be and I would also like to know. But all I know is that they will be low!
Reply 2
aaa tysmmm

Original post by Maybar
The grade boundaries are usually super low and I think they will be really low this year as they were so hard!! I agree the reading was a nightmare :frown: I am a non native speaker and there are many non native speakers taking the course who usually score around a 5 or 6. Not sure exactly what the estimation would be and I would also like to know. But all I know is that they will be low!
Reply 3
Original post by themaskedarab
aaa tysmmm

No problem at all :smile:
Reply 4
I also did my Arabic GCSE last year in year 10. I got a 9 alhamdullilah and you needed 80+% for a 9 last year. My advice to you is to not stress about it, you definitely would have done better than you had thought!
Reply 5
thanak uuu
Reply 6
Original post by themaskedarab
thanak uuu

I just saw this, how did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest