The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Medicine foundation year 2023 uclan

Hi, I’m furthering myself for the medicine foundation program this year starting september 2023, i was hoping if any other student joining the same course as mine ( starting sept 2023 ) would like to have a talk just to clear some things out. Thank You:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m furthering myself for the medicine foundation program this year starting september 2023, i was hoping if any other student joining the same course as mine ( starting sept 2023 ) would like to have a talk just to clear some things out. Thank You:smile:

Hi there,

Great to hear that you are going to be studying on our Medicine foundation course.

We hope to welcome you in September!

If you have any questions about the course or life here at UCLan, I'd be more than happy to help.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there,

Great to hear that you are going to be studying on our Medicine foundation course.

If you have any questions about the course or life here at UCLan, I'd be more than happy to help.

Sarah

Hi i wanted to know if i would be considered in the foundation program if i had AAB with a high UCAT score , for GCSE i got 76 in science and 6 in maths however for English language i got a 4

Hi, I will be joining the same course as well
Original post by Kate190
Hi i wanted to know if i would be considered in the foundation program if i had AAB with a high UCAT score , for GCSE i got 76 in science and 6 in maths however for English language i got a 4

Hi @Kate190 thanks for your interest in our courses :smile:

This would depend on whether you're a UK or International applicant - I've pulled some information below, but if you have any further queries please do feel free to DM us and we can provide some more context!

✔️ Our MBBS (Foundation Entry) course is only available for international applications
✔️ UK applicants can only apply directly for our MBBS programme if they live in the North West of England. However, we do offer a Medical Sciences (Foundation Entry) programme, that can be seen as a UK alternative to our MBBS (Foundation) entry programme. This would then therefore mean that students who study it will have studied in the North West/ lived here for the foundation course, meaning the North West requirement for our MBBS course is met. (Please note that completion of Year 0 of our Medical Sciences course does not guarantee automatic progression to our MBBS programmes, and it is very competitive).

I hope this helps explain the difference a little, I know it can be a bit confusing to work out which option may be right for you so if you do have questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Best wishes ^ Daisy
Original post by Anonymous #1

Testing
Reply 6

Hi,

I will be doing the same course. I'm confused about the accommodation and where to stay, seems there is no option other than the university accommodation. What about you?
Original post by Crsii7
Hi,

I will be doing the same course. I'm confused about the accommodation and where to stay, seems there is no option other than the university accommodation. What about you?

Hi,

I am enrolled in the same course, I have taken the Summergroves halls only as there are no other accomodations available in that area. Now there are only catered rooms left the self catered are filled. So it'll be better if you book your room asap.
Lets get i touch if you are willing to as we are enrolled in the same course.
Reply 8
Hi,
I saw your private message, but the website doesn't allow to send a message. Could you please contact me on my Instagram account? User: Sarah.1957

Glad to know someone is there cause I don't know anyone is going there.
Let's get in touch!
Thank you,
Reply 9
Original post by abhinav_rana
Hi,

I am enrolled in the same course, I have taken the Summergroves halls only as there are no other accomodations available in that area. Now there are only catered rooms left the self catered are filled. So it'll be better if you book your room asap.
Lets get i touch if you are willing to as we are enrolled in the same course.

Hi,
I saw your private message, but the website doesn't allow to send a message. Could you please contact me on my Instagram account? User: Sarah.1957

Glad to know someone is there cause I don't know anyone is going there.
Let's get in touch!
Thank you,
Original post by Crsii7
Hi,

Hi @Crsii7, 😊

Great to hear that you will be coming to study with us here at UCLan.

Summergrove halls is our student accomodation at our Westlakes Campus and is located only 15 minutes' walk from your lectures. Most of the accomodation is catered. You can find out more about our Summergrove halls accomodation here.

If you have any questions please let me know. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah
Reply 11
Hi there,

Sarah

I am writing to inquire about the minimum UCAT threshold score for the 2023 entry to the Uclan School of Medicine. I am a strong academic student with three A*s at A-level (Chemistry, Maths, Arabic), but my UCAT score is 2200 Band 2.

I am aware that the UCAT score is just one factor that is considered when making admissions decisions, but I am concerned that my score may be too low. I am very interested in studying medicine at Uclan, and I would be grateful for any information you can provide about my chances of being considered for an interview.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Reply 12
Hi @Kate190 thanks for your interest in our courses :smile:

This would depend on whether you're a UK or International applicant - I've pulled some information below, but if you have any further queries please do feel free to DM us and we can provide some more context!

✔️ Our MBBS (Foundation Entry) course is only available for international applications
✔️ UK applicants can only apply directly for our MBBS programme if they live in the North West of England. However, we do offer a Medical Sciences (Foundation Entry) programme, that can be seen as a UK alternative to our MBBS (Foundation) entry programme. This would then therefore mean that students who study it will have studied in the North West/ lived here for the foundation course, meaning the North West requirement for our MBBS course is met. (Please note that completion of Year 0 of our Medical Sciences course does not guarantee automatic progression to our MBBS programmes, and it is very competitive).

I hope this helps explain the difference a little, I know it can be a bit confusing to work out which option may be right for you so if you do have questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Best wishes ^ Daisy

Do the students progressing from Bsc Medical Science to Medicine have to sit UCAT aswell or is it guaranteed within the university/
Original post by sp146
I am writing to inquire about the minimum UCAT threshold score for the 2023 entry to the Uclan School of Medicine. I am a strong academic student with three A*s at A-level (Chemistry, Maths, Arabic), but my UCAT score is 2200 Band 2.

I am aware that the UCAT score is just one factor that is considered when making admissions decisions, but I am concerned that my score may be too low. I am very interested in studying medicine at Uclan, and I would be grateful for any information you can provide about my chances of being considered for an interview.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hi @sp146 thanks for your queries about our MBBS course, it's great to hear you are interested in our university :smile:

In terms of your other query below re. whether students who may progress from our Medical Sciences programme onto our MBBS course, all UK applicants for 2024 entry onwards are required to sit the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) before applying. Your UCAT score will be used as part of the selection process prior to interview. You would need to contact our Clinical Admissions team to ask if a UCAT is needed for those who may be eligible to progress from Medical Sciences onto MBBS. Their email is: [email protected]

I'm afraid I don't have any direct guidance on whether you would be considered for an interview or not, but you could contact to our Clinical Admissions team above to query this further, and they can also help support you with any other questions you have about UCAT scores.

Full entry criteria for our MBBS course can be found on our website here, and the deadline to apply for medicine programmes 6pm on 16 October 2023, if you haven't already applied :smile:

Hope this helps a little, and if you do have any questions your can send us a DM on any of our social accounts, or email the team above!

Kind regards ^ Daisy

hi
Original post by susan philade
hi

Hi there @susan philade, :smile:

How are you? Just checking in to see if you are looking to or if you have already joined our Medicine Foundation program?

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be more than happy to help. :smile:

All the best,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending