The Student Room Group

2024 HSBC graduate scheme

Starting the thread. I've applied for the quantitative finance associate programme.

Finished the OIA, and have been invited to the Job Simulation. Now need to figure out how not to fail it for the fourth successive time...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did the JS a while ago, waiting to hear back
Reply 2
Original post by KJBC

How was it? What sort of questions should I expect?
Reply 3
Did the Job simulation last week so waiting to hear back. Did you guys apply in London or elsewhere
Reply 4
Original post by pie234
Did the Job simulation last week so waiting to hear back. Did you guys apply in London or elsewhere

For me it was London.
Reply 5
Original post by Leaderboard
For me it was London.

I see, I've applied for Singapore as I'm ok to relocate. Do you know if you can apply to more than one location? though i think its highly unlikely
Reply 6
Original post by pie234
I see, I've applied for Singapore as I'm ok to relocate. Do you know if you can apply to more than one location? though i think its highly unlikely

Across different locations? Perhaps - you'll need to check though.
Reply 7
If anyone gets the minimum benchmark email, can you let me know how many days it takes to get it?
Reply 8
Original post by KJBC
If anyone gets the minimum benchmark email, can you let me know how many days it takes to get it?

What's the benchmark email?
Reply 9
whats the minimum benchmark email?
Reply 10
Original post by syannnthan
What's the benchmark email?

It basically tells you that you've passed the job simulation and that they'll proceed with looking at the application in more detail (you'll get a different email if you've failed). In other words, you've met the cutoff.
Note that passing the job simulation doesn't guarantee getting the next stage.
Reply 11
Hey yall, for those that took the OIA practice test, how close was the real test to the practice test?
Original post by KJBC

Can you say what questions came up for the video aspect of the JS.

Would really appreciate it im applying for private banking grad HK
Reply 13
Starting the thread. I've applied for the quantitative finance associate programme.

Finished the OIA, and have been invited to the Job Simulation. Now need to figure out how not to fail it for the fourth successive time...

Hey how long did it take for them to respond after the OA?
Reply 14
anyone knows if they will open Asset Management grad scheme for the UK later?
Reply 15
Original post by Tumbana
Hey how long did it take for them to respond after the OA?

About two days in total.
has anyone applied for the digital innovation grad scheme
Reply 17
About two days in total.
how close was the real test to the practice test?
Reply 18
Original post by rene12344
how close was the real test to the practice test?

I did not do the practice test; I generally don't find them helpful.
Did anyone find the job sim feedback report really confusing to understand and also quite negative, it mainly just said if you are unsuccessful what to do and said if this applies to you, you should work on the following areas. didn't seem very personalised

Quick Reply

Latest