The Student Room Group

Frontline Social Work 2024

Hi, I couldn’t see a thread for the 2024 Frontline Social Work programme so thought it would be worth establishing one to chat and reflect!

It seems they have made a few changes to the programme this year, such as increasing the cohort intake and expanding the programme to three years. I think early bird applications opened yesterday.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications!
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Bump.
Reply 2
Original post by BengalCatLady
Hi, I couldn’t see a thread for the 2024 Frontline Social Work programme so thought it would be worth establishing one to chat and reflect!

It seems they have made a few changes to the programme this year, such as increasing the cohort intake and expanding the programme to three years. I think early bird applications opened yesterday.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications!

Hi I have applied and did the online test last week waiting to hear back. I am based in Liverpool.
Original post by ali1721
Hi I have applied and did the online test last week waiting to hear back. I am based in Liverpool.

Great, good luck! How did you find it? I did mine last week too as part of the early bird stage. They seem to have removed the video interview stage for this year, so it looks like we'll be through to the assessment centre if successful! I attended the launch presentation given on Monday evening and found it quite insightful.
Reply 4
Great, good luck! How did you find it? I did mine last week too as part of the early bird stage. They seem to have removed the video interview stage for this year, so it looks like we'll be through to the assessment centre if successful! I attended the launch presentation given on Monday evening and found it quite insightful.

Hi,
I have just started my application and have received the link for the online test. Before I start, I was just wondering whether the test is made up of questions we have to write responses to or if we record our answers to the questions?
TIA
Original post by Cxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I have just started my application and have received the link for the online test. Before I start, I was just wondering whether the test is made up of questions we have to write responses to or if we record our answers to the questions?
TIA

Hi, the online test is a situational judgement assessment comprised of multiple choice questions relating to professional scenarios and verbal reasoning. I can’t divulge much more, but no written or recorded answers are required. Good luck! 😊
Reply 6

Yes same process as yourself. I found it okay and it made me think. I will let you know if I get through and post back on here. Do u know how long they take to inform us? Good luck.
Original post by ali1721
Yes same process as yourself. I found it okay and it made me think. I will let you know if I get through and post back on here. Do u know how long they take to inform us? Good luck.

They said up to 10 working days, though I saw from last year’s post that it can take longer if they receive a higher volume of applications. I think the assessment centres begin in early November, so plenty of time yet. Thank you, good luck!
Reply 8
Hi, the online test is a situational judgement assessment comprised of multiple choice questions relating to professional scenarios and verbal reasoning. I can’t divulge much more, but no written or recorded answers are required. Good luck! 😊

Thank you, I just completed it! What region have you applied for?
Reply 9
They said up to 10 working days, though I saw from last year’s post that it can take longer if they receive a higher volume of applications. I think the assessment centres begin in early November, so plenty of time yet. Thank you, good luck!

Yes I emailed them they said because it is an early bird it can take a couple of weeks.
Reply 10

Good luck I applied to section and Warrington.

Good luck! How did you find it? I’ve applied to Leicester and Leicestershire, where have you applied to?
Hey! I’ve just completed my online test and have applied for the Yorkshire region :smile: good luck
Original post by georgia_dove1
Hey! I’ve just completed my online test and have applied for the Yorkshire region :smile: good luck

Hi! Best of luck, I don’t think anyone has heard back yet, so the anxious wait begins 😄
Reply 14
Hello all, I have also applied and I’ve herd back yesterday, they said thank you for taking the time to complete and submit my online test and they will now review this and get back to me shortly. I applied last year, to the video interview, but was sadly unsuccessful so fingers crossed for this year. Best of luck everyone
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Geepers3
Hello all, I have also applied and I’ve herd back yesterday, they said thank you for taking the time to complete and submit my online test and they will now review this and get back to me shortly. I applied last year, to the video interview, but was sadly unsuccessful so fingers crossed for this year. Best of luck everyone

Best of luck! last time I applied was a long time ago (2014) back when they only had 100 places and the assessment centres were held in London. I got through to AC but was put off by the way they had 40-50 other candidates attend the same one (and they held them 4-5 times a week for three months) it felt like I didn’t really stand a chance. Also the group discussion task mainly involved people interrupting and shouting over each other. I’m quite glad they’ve improved it since.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 16
Best of luck! last time I applied was a long time ago (2014) back when they only had 100 places and the assessment centres were held in London. I got through to AC but was put off by the way they had 40-50 other candidates attend the same one (and they held them 4-5 times a week for three months) it felt like I didn’t really stand a chance. Also the group discussion task mainly involved people interrupting and shouting over each other. I’m quite glad they’ve improved it since.

Thank you, you too! That’s some commitment though, if you are still wanting to go through the process 9 years later. Last year I felt that the video interviews weren’t the best idea, I was cut short when conducting them and it didn’t feel nor seem very natural.
Also, it’s good that you have some experience of the AC, and can appreciate the journey.
I feel that they have changed the situational test slightly, maybe making this closer to what real situations may be like, it was fairly mixed in terms of types of scenarios, and choosing the best outcome, at times seemed they were really trying to understand you approach as an individual, maybe linked to your values and suitability to have the confidence in what you are doing. How did you find it?
I also went to the webinar Monday evening, I think it was fairly busy, I do feel that they want people who are almost halfway there though, as in there were questions about people who couldn’t drive and were asking about their time off for leave, although they have to appear to be inclusive to all, I think they are looking for people who are committed, fitting all of that criteria.
.—
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Geepers3
Thank you, you too! That’s some commitment though, if you are still wanting to go through the process 9 years later. Last year I felt that the video interviews weren’t the best idea, I was cut short when conducting them and it didn’t feel nor seem very natural.
Also, it’s good that you have some experience of the AC, and can appreciate the journey.
I feel that they have changed the situational test slightly, maybe making this closer to what real situations may be like, it was fairly mixed in terms of types of scenarios, and choosing the best outcome, at times seemed they were really trying to understand you approach as an individual, maybe linked to your values and suitability to have the confidence in what you are doing. How did you find it?
I also went to the webinar Monday evening, I think it was fairly busy, I do feel that they want people who are almost halfway there though, as in there were questions about people who couldn’t drive and were asking about their time off for leave, although they have to appear to be inclusive to all, I think they are looking for people who are committed, fitting all of that criteria.

I think having gained plenty of life and career experience over the past several years has informed my decision to apply again, as I’ve developed more experience working with safeguarding and child protection in the NHS, whereas I think last time I was still an undergrad and hadn’t acquired much life experience.

I attended the talk on Monday too and found it very informative, how about you? Some of the questions asked were very interesting, I agree that it seems this time they are expecting people to have some prior knowledge of the SW profession, and perhaps more established with lifestyle matters like driving etc (I’m beginning my driving lessons in the few weeks with the hope of passing by next July 🙏🏻).

The SJT was insightful because I got a feel for the various scenerios that might arise in reality, I thought it was a very good introduction to the potential situations we may experience on the programme.
Reply 19
I think having gained plenty of life and career experience over the past several years has informed my decision to apply again, as I’ve developed more experience working with safeguarding and child protection in the NHS, whereas I think last time I was still an undergrad and hadn’t acquired much life experience.

I attended the talk on Monday too and found it very informative, how about you? Some of the questions asked were very interesting, I agree that it seems this time they are expecting people to have some prior knowledge of the SW profession, and perhaps more established with lifestyle matters like driving etc (I’m beginning my driving lessons in the few weeks with the hope of passing by next July 🙏🏻).

The SJT was insightful because I got a feel for the various scenerios that might arise in reality, I thought it was a very good introduction to the potential situations we may experience on the programme.

No, I completely agree, life experience is what I have gained also. Yes, it was, it seems really interesting program, and I like you can gain a masters also. You seem like you are in a much better position also. Best of luck with your driving. Did you hear back about them receiving your test and will notify you? I only applied Monday, I didn’t apply through early bird.

Quick Reply

Latest