The Student Room Group

Fsmq ocr additional maths 23 jun 2023

doesn't seem to be one so here it is. anyone have any predicted papers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by user007007007
doesn't seem to be one so here it is. anyone have any predicted papers?

Nope, I just do past papers online and they are soooo hard!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Laam's corner
Nope, I just do past papers online and they are soooo hard!!!!

yeah so true the difficulty varies so much. i think for me the probability and permutations stuff is the hardest. but the grade boundaries do make up for how hard the particular paper is
Reply 3
anyone know which formulas we will be given, because apparently the formula sheet on ocr website is wrong, and we will get suvat equations as well.
Original post by SR-123
anyone know which formulas we will be given, because apparently the formula sheet on ocr website is wrong, and we will get suvat equations as well.

is it?!?!😵
Does anyone know where to find past papers bc I can only find a few on the ocr website but not the latest papers?
I'm not sure about the formula sheet issue but I really do hope we get the suvat equations too

Edit: I've just had a look and we do get the suvat equations on the standard formula sheet on the inside of the booklet but not on the additional formula sheet which is the same as the GCSE one!!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by CentralPerk123
Does anyone know where to find past papers bc I can only find a few on the ocr website but not the latest papers?
I'm not sure about the formula sheet issue but I really do hope we get the suvat equations too

Edit: I've just had a look and we do get the suvat equations on the standard formula sheet on the inside of the booklet but not on the additional formula sheet which is the same as the GCSE one!!

oh that’s great getting suvat equations. for past papers there are hardly any for the new spec which we’re doing but there are loads for the last spec which is really similar. they’re on the ocr website and go back to like 2009
Is it just me, or is the numerical methods bit so boring?
Reply 8
Original post by user007007007
yeah so true the difficulty varies so much. i think for me the probability and permutations stuff is the hardest. but the grade boundaries do make up for how hard the particular paper is

Omg yeah permutations are gross
Reply 9
Original post by SR-123

image.jpg
Sorry if it’s upside down or a bad pic but those are the equations I think we get

But in the specimen paper they have more so idk

image.jpg
PleSe ignore the part at the bottom I was just working smth out but idk I think we’ll get these
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by CentralPerk123

Maybe ask ur school but honestly idk the maths department at my school are so slay they printed off every single past paper for ad maths going from 2022-2014 but I’d ask your school because it’s probably a locked paper
Original post by muffinscanfly
Is it just me, or is the numerical methods bit so boring?

Idk i feel like it’s all kinda cool but that might be bc I love maths . But also i feel like I haven’t been revising enough for add maths bc it’s like exams are over but I still have ad maths but I think I might try a paper today
Reply 12
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 13
I hate ad maths I dont want a U
Reply 14
Original post by SR-123

Apparently we get 2 equation sheets - one is extra only for this year due to COVID I think (may be wrong) and that’s the one provided on the website. We also as a standard get all the sugar equations as well as the trapezium rule. Hope that helps!
Original post by 224411

same
Reply 16
Original post by 224411

how did it go?
How did everyone find the exam
Original post by MattyTaylor20
How did everyone find the exam

Thought it was ok. Some questions were worded weirdly but it is what it is. I couldn’t do question 1 like what is the independent of x 😂
Original post by Benenenenemf
Thought it was ok. Some questions were worded weirdly but it is what it is. I couldn’t do question 1 like what is the independent of x 😂

Couldn’t do the log one and the one when it was like what condition is needed for one value for b

Quick Reply

Latest