The Student Room Group

futher maths AQA

Hello! Today, I completed my level 2 further maths exam, but I'm feeling quite frustrated with my teacher. I had hoped to use my own calculator, the fx-991EX, which is allowed by the exam board. Unfortunately, my teacher didn't allow me to use it and provided me with a different calculator, the fx-83GTX, which has fewer functions and cannot perform tasks like factor theorem and simultaneous equation. I wasn't able to argue with my teacher as we had to start the exam on time. I'm worried this might happen again in my year 11 maths exam, and I'm not sure who to complain to or how to go about it. I suspect the school doesn't allow us to use our own calculators because they don't want to clear our data. This doesn't seem fair, especially since other schools allow their students to use any calculator they want. Can you please advise me on what to do? Thank you!
Reply 1
Get your parents to contact the headteacher and explain the situation. The fx-991 is acceptable to exam boards, and that top trumps school policy. There is pretty much nothing that you can store on it that would be useful (I can think of nothing at all), and resetting the calculator via the usual shift93=AC only takes a second.
Reply 2
Original post by T!gger34
Get your parents to contact the headteacher and explain the situation. The fx-991 is acceptable to exam boards, and that top trumps school policy. There is pretty much nothing that you can store on it that would be useful (I can think of nothing at all), and resetting the calculator via the usual shift93=AC only takes a second.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest