english language
english literature
Just be goofy and do them then.
Original post by johnnnh
maths
futher maths
english language
english literature

What do you hope to study after A levels?
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
What do you hope to study after A levels?

maths
Original post by johnnnh
maths

Your choices are fine then. I'd recommend you check the entry requirements for the unis you are thinking of applying to and consider if you really need to do four.
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
Your choices are fine then. I'd recommend you check the entry requirements for the unis you are thinking of applying to and consider if you really need to do four.

i think i need 4 cus i will be done with normal maths by the start of yr 12
IMO don’t do two English, do one and choose a science like Chem. if u can do 3 stick to one english. If u ask on Reddit 6thform it’s more help
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by johnnnh
i think i need 4 cus i will be done with normal maths by the start of yr 12

You dont need 4. Universities are used to students taking Maths in year 12 and further Maths in year 13. It is fairly common. Also for a few universities they will be looking for you to take an additional Maths exam such as STEP and make offers based on those results.
Reply 8
Original post by swanseajack1
You dont need 4. Universities are used to students taking Maths in year 12 and further Maths in year 13. It is fairly common. Also for a few universities they will be looking for you to take an additional Maths exam such as STEP and make offers based on those results.

would it be considered taking a level maths in yr12 if i do AS in may and A2 in oct??
Reply 9
Original post by swanseajack1

so i could have 2 a levels for most of yr12 and yr13??!
Reply 10
Original post by Fluffybubby
IMO don’t do two English, do one and choose a science like Chem. if u can do 3 stick to one english. If u ask on Reddit 6thform it’s more help

i’m not very good at sciences and i’m not really interested in one. what about all that maths and then english language and econ??
Reply 11
Original post by johnnnh
maths
futher maths
english language
english literature

If you want to do more Math I would think adding Physics and/or Computer science instead would be better, a lot of the skills intertwine with each other. But, I mean English Literature sure but English Lit and English Language too??? I want to hear more about ...Why?
Reply 12
Original post by Mr.Impact
If you want to do more Math I would think adding Physics and/or Computer science instead would be better, a lot of the skills intertwine with each other. But, I mean English Literature sure but English Lit and English Language too??? I want to hear more about ...Why?

Yeah, I like the other person's idea of Economics! No science stuff, but still juicy math stuff that can be used in the real world.
Reply 13
Original post by johnnnh
i’m not very good at sciences and i’m not really interested in one. what about all that maths and then english language and econ??

I accidentally quoted myself, didn't mean to take credit lol. I was saying I like this idea.
maths, fm (/and physics) and a humanities subject is actually not that weird. I know quite a lot of people who did English/RS/History as a fourth subject instead of a science. Fewer that didn't do a science as their third but fair enough.

If you want to go to uni, you're basically narrowing in on doing maths or English, or something adjacent like computer science, though.

Ok this thread is 3 months old, oops.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest