The Student Room Group

ACCA/CIMA exam question

Hi all,

Apologies for yet another ACCA/CIMA question.

I've recently just passed my AATs, I was initially edging towards moving on to do ACCA but my college only offers CIMA. If I decided to do ACCA I'd have to do it via an online course, not really a problem.

Anyway, my question is when I was researching the two qualifications I noticed the pass mark for ACCA is only 50% and CIMA is 70%, why is this? Are the ACCA exams a lot harder thus the lower pass mark required? Or have I just completely misunderstood what is needed to pass.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Not sure of the difference but I am just waiting for my final AAT result and will then be moving onto complete CIMA
Reply 2
Original post by Scott456123
Hi all,

Apologies for yet another ACCA/CIMA question.

I've recently just passed my AATs, I was initially edging towards moving on to do ACCA but my college only offers CIMA. If I decided to do ACCA I'd have to do it via an online course, not really a problem.

Anyway, my question is when I was researching the two qualifications I noticed the pass mark for ACCA is only 50% and CIMA is 70%, why is this? Are the ACCA exams a lot harder thus the lower pass mark required? Or have I just completely misunderstood what is needed to pass.

I think its just how the exams are graded. I doubt that either set of exams is easier than the other. Were it so people would discuss it endlessly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending