The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London

When Imperial College London states that it requires a minimum IB score of 38, do they mean 38 out of 42 or 45 (including CAS, TOK and EE points)?
Original post by lAryyl
When Imperial College London states that it requires a minimum IB score of 38, do they mean 38 out of 42 or 45 (including CAS, TOK and EE points)?

I'm assuming out of 45, as the minimum is often different from the typical! (For physics, minimum is 40, typical is 42, and asking for 42/42 seems a bit excessive).

I didn't do IB though, and it's been a while since I had to go through UCAS.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by lAryyl

they mean 38 out of 45, so including core. However, depending on the course you're going for 38 will probably not be enough to apply with (ESPECIALLY if it's a STEM course). To apply they generally expect something in the ranges of 40+ as a minimum (or higher, correct me if I'm wrong), with a score of 38 being the minimum offer they might give you based on factors such as school and contextual elements. Then again I didn't apply to imperial (because I thought it'd be too hard lol) and only say this by my experience with friends that have applied and UCAS knowledge in general and don't want to dishearten you lol. Do you plan to apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending