The Student Room Group

Best Masters for Practical Entrepreneurship (Decision this week!)

Hi my name is Jacob,

I am going to Entrepreneurship school next fall and need to decide between a few different MSc of Entrepreneurship programs I was accepted into. Here is a list of the graduate schools that I have been accepted to.

Imperial College London
Amsterdam School of Business
Bayes City University of London
Vlerick Business School
University College London
Middlesex University London
University of Manchester

I have narrowed it down to Bayes or Imperial.

My thoughts on Imperial is that the resources and networks they have along with the Imperial Lab would be very helpful for financing or mentoring my new startup. I also think their faculty may be more dynamic, just after looking at their bios and comparing to Bayes (much older crowd of professors).

Bayes, however, is more focused on starting a business while Imperial can lead to innovations within multiple fields. This is the sense that I get when looking at their course load. Imperial is also a very highly ranked entrwepreneurship school and I think I have the choice to be a big fish in a small pond or a regular fish in a relatively larger lake. Not sure where to go from here, but my decision will likely come this week.

Any other recommendations or people to talk to would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

My main goal of the program is to learn practical entrepreneurship. In the time leading up to the start of my classes, I have been learning 3D printing. I then set up an Etsy shop that sells various statement planters and will grow the business to use as a medium to learn the concepts of entrepreneurship.

I would like to know which schools are best at producing successful entrepreneurs based off of practical learning. Many MSC Entrepreneurship programs are theory and research based which I don't think is my style.

I am also on a GI Bill scholarship which will pay for $26,000 of the tuition fees for me. Imperial would cost me $4,500, Bayes would cost $1,500, and all of the other schools would be covered completely.

Any help is appreciated!
Reply 1
May I know what your final decision is? I'm asking because I find myself in a similar situation, choosing between Imperial and other universities.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Hey! My decision is Imperial. It came down to Bayes or Imperial in the end as I wanted to be in London. Imperial was the more expensive option however my father pitched in some extra money to make it more even.

Imperial to me was a great overall school with a huge network of connections and resources but it was very close with Bayes as their program was fully based on practical entrepreneurship. Tough choice, let me know what you choose!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending