The Student Room Group

Amount of substances

(b) In the second experiment, another flask is used for a combustion reaction. Method
Remove all the air from the flask.
Add 0.0010 mol of 2,2,4-trimethylpentane (C8H18) to the flask.
Add 0.0200 mol of oxygen to the flask.
Spark the mixture to ensure complete combustion.
Cool the mixture to the original temperature.
The equation is
C8H18(g) + 12 O2(g) 8 CO2(g) + 9 H2O(l). Does anyone know how to answer this question. I have worked out the moles of c02 produced which is 0.008. Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by ZZZ_A
(b) In the second experiment, another flask is used for a combustion reaction. Method
Remove all the air from the flask.
Add 0.0010 mol of 2,2,4-trimethylpentane (C8H18) to the flask.
Add 0.0200 mol of oxygen to the flask.
Spark the mixture to ensure complete combustion.
Cool the mixture to the original temperature.
The equation is
C8H18(g) + 12 O2(g) 8 CO2(g) + 9 H2O(l). Does anyone know how to answer this question. I have worked out the moles of c02 produced which is 0.008. Thank you

what is the question?
Reply 2
Original post by m214123
what is the question?

Hi there, thank you for the response. It was a chemistry AQA a level exam paper question. Fortunately, another student had already asked this question before and therefore , I was able to get the answers :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ZZZ_A
Hi there, thank you for the response. It was a chemistry AQA a level exam paper question. Fortunately, another student had already asked this question before and therefore , I was able to get the answers :smile:

ah alright. I just couldn't see what you were supposed to answer in that question. It's just a list of information with no question
Reply 4
Original post by m214123
ah alright. I just couldn't see what you were supposed to answer in that question. It's just a list of information with no question

Dam, I forgot to add the question. Oppologies :smile:
The question was asking to work out the total moles of gas in the flask

Quick Reply

Latest