The Student Room Group

Below word limit on uni assignment

The word count limit is 1500 words. You are allowed a 10% allowance so the maximum amount of words is 1650

I did 1300 is this a penalty for this pls
Reply 1
The honest answer is 'maybe'.

It's not a foregone conclusion that you wont be awarded marks, but I 99 times from 100 an essay I'm marking that is 200 words below the count has missed an opportunity to go in-depth on something significant. If you're in the 1% that doesn't then you'll be fine. it's more about the substance than the wordcount.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
The honest answer is 'maybe'.

It's not a foregone conclusion that you wont be awarded marks, but I 99 times from 100 an essay I'm marking that is 200 words below the count has missed an opportunity to go in-depth on something significant. If you're in the 1% that doesn't then you'll be fine. it's more about the substance than the wordcount.

Oh ok thank you to be honest I haven't been told that under would be be like a definite fail even though I went through materials and tried my bestt
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Oh ok thank you to be honest I haven't been told that under would be be like a definite fail even though I went through materials and tried my bestt

Odds on you will be ok. Don't fret it.
Original post by Anonymous
The word count limit is 1500 words. You are allowed a 10% allowance so the maximum amount of words is 1650

I did 1300 is this a penalty for this pls

Hey!

First it's always useful to look at university policies and departments policies. For example, one of my subjects is 10% under as a minimum. One doesn't have a minimum. You can also reach out to academics to check.

With regards to making sure you have the right content, some of my best essays have been under the word limit. As long as you have the content it will all be good!

Hope that helps.
Kat
Reply 5
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey!

First it's always useful to look at university policies and departments policies. For example, one of my subjects is 10% under as a minimum. One doesn't have a minimum. You can also reach out to academics to check.

With regards to making sure you have the right content, some of my best essays have been under the word limit. As long as you have the content it will all be good!

Hope that helps.
Kat

Thank you for this message, it was one of those modules that I found tricky but did my best from the materials I missed the assessment packing due to ill health asked the professor for the unpacking he said nope we went through it in class. But fingers crossed it's a pass never been under a wordinkt always over. Just stressing me out even though submitted im constantly thinking about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending