The Student Room Group

Retaking A Level Music (Edexcel)

I am trying to consider all of my options to be as prepared as I can be for results day.

I wanted to know if anybody knew about retaking A level music as independently as possible (I don't want to go back to school full time). I know that there are complications as music is a coursework based subject. I am okay with revising the content for the exam, however I would obviously need some sort of mentor to ask for advice in regards to coursework and to help me submit it as I cannot do that by myself. Some other issues are that I cannot access the briefs that they will release for comp and the performance requires somebody to be in the room with you when recording. If I don't get the grade I need and I want to try again, is my only option to retake year 13 in school?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
It's always possible to do a foundation year for the university that you'd like to go to if you really want to have the specific A-level grade I'd recommend emailing your music tutor if possible with your concerns, you probably wouldn't have to go back to college full-time if you only want to work on one A-Level it's all dependent on your sixth form though.
Reply 2
Original post by Procrastinator.I
I am trying to consider all of my options to be as prepared as I can be for results day.

I wanted to know if anybody knew about retaking A level music as independently as possible (I don't want to go back to school full time). I know that there are complications as music is a coursework based subject. I am okay with revising the content for the exam, however I would obviously need some sort of mentor to ask for advice in regards to coursework and to help me submit it as I cannot do that by myself. Some other issues are that I cannot access the briefs that they will release for comp and the performance requires somebody to be in the room with you when recording. If I don't get the grade I need and I want to try again, is my only option to retake year 13 in school?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

I don't know specifically for music but for A levels in general you can usually carry forward the marks from non-examined assessments (NEAs) and just retake the written exam papers. If you don't need to improve your NEA marks then this might be an option.

Quick Reply

Latest