The Student Room Group

AS level resit advice

Exam board is CIE and Edexcel for math only btw, I really need to secure A*'s at A2 but I got low A's and a B for my AS exams (82 89 80 224/300 in the order of history, business, self studied economics, maths)

I am definitely retaking maths, I have a feeling that getting an A* at A2 business and history could be doable if I work hard enough for it but I'm not confident about economics, especially since I self studied the subject and did not get enough support from my teachers

I also feel that my AS knowledge for econ isnt solid at all and i still have some trouble grasping a few AS econ topics. Would retaking AS Econ be the best choice if I want to secure an A* at A2?
Original post by yhe05
Exam board is CIE and Edexcel for math only btw, I really need to secure A*'s at A2 but I got low A's and a B for my AS exams (82 89 80 224/300 in the order of history, business, self studied economics, maths)

I am definitely retaking maths, I have a feeling that getting an A* at A2 business and history could be doable if I work hard enough for it but I'm not confident about economics, especially since I self studied the subject and did not get enough support from my teachers

I also feel that my AS knowledge for econ isnt solid at all and i still have some trouble grasping a few AS econ topics. Would retaking AS Econ be the best choice if I want to secure an A* at A2?

Can I ask what country you are studying in? In England AS grades do not count towards the overall A Level grade, but they do in other locations.
If you think you could do better on econ next year, then you can retake the AS. If not, then it would be pointless.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
Reply 3
Original post by CatusStarbright
Can I ask what country you are studying in? In England AS grades do not count towards the overall A Level grade, but they do in other locations.

yeah I don't live in the UK, so my AS grades will make up 50% of my final A level grade
Original post by yhe05
yeah I don't live in the UK, so my AS grades will make up 50% of my final A level grade

In all honestly, I would not worry too much. I got AABB at AS (when AS made up 40% of A Level grades) and achieved A*AA in the end. If you are concerned about your Economics AS grade, you could consider a resit if you wish. You could always talk to someone at your school about it if you'd like some support, and you can talk to your teacher about the subjects that are not self-taught.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CatusStarbright
In all honestly, I would not worry too much. I got AABB at AS (when AS made up 40% of A Level grades) and achieved A*AA in the end. If you are concerned about your Economics AS grade, you could consider a resit if you wish. You could always talk to someone at your school about it if you'd like some support, and you can talk to your teacher about the subjects that are not self-taught.

thanks for the advice! It'll be helpful

Quick Reply

Latest