The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL reading weeks?

Does QMUL have reading weeks? I have tried to look to see if/when they are for next term 23/24, but there is nothing listed on their online calendar.

I am starting the engineering foundation course, if that is of any relevance.

Thanks.
Original post by MattwasTaken
Does QMUL have reading weeks? I have tried to look to see if/when they are for next term 23/24, but there is nothing listed on their online calendar.

Thanks.

Hi! I've just finished my second year of Computer Systems Engineering at QMUL. Technically, we have "reading weeks" (where no new content is taught), but in these weeks have have exams instead. So we don't really have reading weeks, as there's just exams happening all week. We also have very short mid-year breaks (winter/spring), but a very long summer (I had from April-September) the first year.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by MattwasTaken

Thanks.

Hi there! As my colleague explained above, yes they do exist- but the nature of them varies wildly according to course. For example, I have a friend whos studying computer science and he didnt have any reading weeks at all. Some of my other friends particularly in the sciences had exams during their reading weeks, while for me (I study law) I actually got to rest during my reading weeks because I didnt have exams or lectures or anything of the sort, although we occasionally did have coursework due like the week after reading week or a couple of weeks after. So it depends on your course essentially. Please do let us know if we can be of any further help!
I am studying LL. M in law, and yes the reading week is available for me. I had 3 reading weeks in a semester, but it truly depends on the specific calendar of each course. I think you can drop a message to the course adviser. I experienced very quick response from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending