The Student Room Group

General study help

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for any of the following:

- a to-do list (can be app). I always make one but ignore some tasks and never seem to finish. I’ve tried separating tasks by approximate time but that doesn’t help

- any sort of calendar to keep on top of everything? Is it worth if?

- how do I effectively plan out my day with possibly a combination of a to do list and calendar/ other stuff

- does anyone have any suggestions for things to do/apps in general for productivity, time management and just generally keeping track of things?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by subbhy
Hi, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for any of the following:

- a to-do list (can be app). I always make one but ignore some tasks and never seem to finish. I’ve tried separating tasks by approximate time but that doesn’t help

- any sort of calendar to keep on top of everything? Is it worth if?

- how do I effectively plan out my day with possibly a combination of a to do list and calendar/ other stuff

- does anyone have any suggestions for things to do/apps in general for productivity, time management and just generally keeping track of things?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

As a fellow university student, I completely appreciate the difficulties of staying organised with a hectic schedule. There are some tips and advice that may help you, as they did me, with productivity, time management, and task management.

There are various excellent to-do list applications available that can assist you in organising tasks and staying on track. Todoist, Microsoft To Do, Any.do, and Google Tasks are some popular ones. Experiment with many applications to find the one that best meets your needs. Keep your to-do list reasonable and prioritise jobs according to dates and importance.

Using a calendar app can be quite beneficial in properly organising your schedule. Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook are popular and have easy-to-use interfaces. To get a comprehensive picture of your day, week, or month, enter all of your deadlines, classes, social engagements, and other commitments. It enables you to set aside time for specific chores while avoiding overburdening your schedule.

For successful planning, use a to-do list and a calendar together. Begin by making a to-do list of all the things that must be completed, and then assign those tasks to specific time periods in your calendar. This way, you'll know exactly what you need to accomplish and when you need to do it.

Time blocking is a strong approach for increasing productivity. Divide your day into time chunks and assign particular duties to each one. Make sure you include breaks and free time. This strategy can assist you in maintaining attention and preventing tasks from interfering with your free time.

I like the Pomodoro Technique, which entails working for a set amount of time (e.g., 25 minutes) and then taking a short break (e.g., 5 minutes). Take a longer pause after finishing four cycles. This strategy can increase productivity while preventing burnout.

I believe that habit-tracking applications such as Habitica, HabitBull, or Streaks can help you develop positive routines and measure your progress in forming new habits. It can be rewarding to watch your achievements expand over time.

A dependable note-taking programme, such as Evernote or OneNote, can assist you in capturing vital information during lectures, seminars, or when studying. Keeping organised notes allows you to efficiently evaluate them and keep on top of your coursework.

Remember that finding the right tools and strategies for you may need some trial and error. Be gentle with yourself and make necessary adjustments to increase your productivity and time management. Balancing academic obligations, social activities, and personal time is essential for a good university experience.

Best wishes for your education and future endeavours! Please contact me if you have any more questions or require assistance. You can do it!

I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Mrunali Kalbhor,
University of Sunderland Student ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Hello,

As a fellow university student, I completely appreciate the difficulties of staying organised with a hectic schedule. There are some tips and advice that may help you, as they did me, with productivity, time management, and task management.

There are various excellent to-do list applications available that can assist you in organising tasks and staying on track. Todoist, Microsoft To Do, Any.do, and Google Tasks are some popular ones. Experiment with many applications to find the one that best meets your needs. Keep your to-do list reasonable and prioritise jobs according to dates and importance.

Using a calendar app can be quite beneficial in properly organising your schedule. Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook are popular and have easy-to-use interfaces. To get a comprehensive picture of your day, week, or month, enter all of your deadlines, classes, social engagements, and other commitments. It enables you to set aside time for specific chores while avoiding overburdening your schedule.

For successful planning, use a to-do list and a calendar together. Begin by making a to-do list of all the things that must be completed, and then assign those tasks to specific time periods in your calendar. This way, you'll know exactly what you need to accomplish and when you need to do it.

Time blocking is a strong approach for increasing productivity. Divide your day into time chunks and assign particular duties to each one. Make sure you include breaks and free time. This strategy can assist you in maintaining attention and preventing tasks from interfering with your free time.

I like the Pomodoro Technique, which entails working for a set amount of time (e.g., 25 minutes) and then taking a short break (e.g., 5 minutes). Take a longer pause after finishing four cycles. This strategy can increase productivity while preventing burnout.

I believe that habit-tracking applications such as Habitica, HabitBull, or Streaks can help you develop positive routines and measure your progress in forming new habits. It can be rewarding to watch your achievements expand over time.

A dependable note-taking programme, such as Evernote or OneNote, can assist you in capturing vital information during lectures, seminars, or when studying. Keeping organised notes allows you to efficiently evaluate them and keep on top of your coursework.

Remember that finding the right tools and strategies for you may need some trial and error. Be gentle with yourself and make necessary adjustments to increase your productivity and time management. Balancing academic obligations, social activities, and personal time is essential for a good university experience.

Best wishes for your education and future endeavours! Please contact me if you have any more questions or require assistance. You can do it!

I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Mrunali Kalbhor,
University of Sunderland Student ambassador

Wow thank you very much for this in-depth response. I will be sure to action these all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending