The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Newport Student Village

I registered my interest for the new Newport accom with Uni of Bristol, and I've just received an email saying that I've been offered a place there should I get my course place confirmed. However, I'm a bit on the fence as to whether it's a good idea to stay there, as I feel like I'd be missing out on the city life in Bristol and other social opportunities. (As well as the 40-50 minute commute everyday into Bristol from Newport)

Has anybody else received an offer to stay there? And would I be able to decline it and go with my existing options for accom?
Original post by jimmelton
I registered my interest for the new Newport accom with Uni of Bristol, and I've just received an email saying that I've been offered a place there should I get my course place confirmed. However, I'm a bit on the fence as to whether it's a good idea to stay there, as I feel like I'd be missing out on the city life in Bristol and other social opportunities. (As well as the 40-50 minute commute everyday into Bristol from Newport)

Has anybody else received an offer to stay there? And would I be able to decline it and go with my existing options for accom?

What are your existing options for accom?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by jimmelton

I also have been put in the Newport accommodation and have exactly the same reservations about being so far from the university. It also looks like you are not able to reject the accommodation that you are offered.
Original post by Anonymous
I also have been put in the Newport accommodation and have exactly the same reservations about being so far from the university. It also looks like you are not able to reject the accommodation that you are offered.

Curious, as I've insured Bristol and have concerns about getting accommodation if I miss my firm.

Did you choose accommodation in Newport as a preference? Or did you choose halls in the Bristol villages and end up being allocated Newport instead ?
Reply 4
. It also looks like you are not able to reject the accommodation that you are offered.

Bristol's web site says at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/offers/ that you can decline your offer -- but that they "ask for you to think carefully before declining your accommodation offer. You will not be given another one and you will need to look for accommodation in the private sector."
Reply 5
Curious, as I've insured Bristol and have concerns about getting accommodation if I miss my firm.

Did you choose accommodation in Newport as a preference? Or did you choose halls in the Bristol villages and end up being allocated Newport instead ?

I submitted an initial application for halls in the Bristol villages, but then received an email last month about the Newport accom, and so I registered my interest and was offered a place. However, I have emailed the university asking whether or not this overrules my existing application. Yet to receive a reply though lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending