The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Nightlife in aberystwyth

Hi,
whats the nightlife like in Aberystwyth/how much are drinks atm?
Looking to start uni in September of 2024 and study criminology at aberystwyth.
Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
Thanks!

you should ask in the discord, i can give you the link if you want.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by _Orangutan_
you should ask in the discord, i can give you the link if you want.

yes please
Original post by josh12345678919
yes please

tried posting it but apparently i cant send it to you because it breaks the studentroom rules.
It's abit bad at the moment. It's been better in past years but since Harleys closed and reopened it's not the same. Nights tend to end around like 1/2am because there's nothing to do. And the prices have shot up recently compared to what it used to be.

But it is still good to go out if your with a load of people. The people make it not the buildings
Original post by Anonymous #2
It's abit bad at the moment. It's been better in past years but since Harleys closed and reopened it's not the same. Nights tend to end around like 1/2am because there's nothing to do. And the prices have shot up recently compared to what it used to be.

But it is still good to go out if your with a load of people. The people make it not the buildings

Can't lie, that sounds a little depressing but I guess covid really hurt the local economy in most places.

I'm actually starting at Aberystwyth Uni in September, hoping the uni is still good since I've heard really good things about it in the past. But yeah like you said, the people make it so I'm looking forward to going and meeting new people.
I went up there for an open day and it was better than Newport, but that isn't saying much
Hi,
Thanks!
Hi there,

In Aber we have a huge amount pubs (around 50 odd) plus several nightclubs that open when the pubs close. The Students Union is also really active with regular events, particular in fresher's week when they have late night events such as bingo lingo, quizzes and more! For such a small town there is often quite a lot going on in the evenings and because the student population makes up so much of the whole town population the place has a lively nightlife if that is what you are interested in!

Laurie
Student Ambassador
Reply 8
Hi,
Thanks!
Ayy same ahah

Quick Reply

Latest