The Student Room Group

any ideas on a physics research project topic for a student going into year 13?

I have to write a 10 page research paper on a topic of my choice over the summer for A-level physics, would like to do something mathy and something to do with particles, i was thinking of going in depth on a scientific discovery, maybe the photoelectric effect or plancks constant idk.
Original post by Litho06
I have to write a 10 page research paper on a topic of my choice over the summer for A-level physics, would like to do something mathy and something to do with particles, i was thinking of going in depth on a scientific discovery, maybe the photoelectric effect or plancks constant idk.

The problem and joy of an exercise like this is that there is a LOT of physics 😀. One way to go is with recent "big" stories, e.g the James Webb telescope or fusion breakeven at NIF. You want something that has lots of easily accessible information and is self contained enough to tell a good story. Some areas like particle physics might be a bit too big and diffuse so you need to down select. Perhaps look at the front cover stories in Nature and make a list of possibilities from that.

Quick Reply

Latest